SkatePerception
GnarMachine

Computer Issues Netjiot

You'd need to still have the dmg; you can't just drag/drop the application itself.

FCP sometimes will drag and drop, at least the older version did. But I agree, it's not the best way to do it.

So I was having a lot of programs crash, figured it was a system wide problem. I'm on a mbp with 10.6.3, which will be updated to whatever is current when I feel like doing software update. I've heard that reinstalling the os might stop that. While I was doing that the computer had a kernel panic, interesting... It's had like 3 before, none while trying to reinstall the os though. This is the first time I've reinstalled the os. It was like halfway through, but seemed to have restarted where it left off. Now it's done, hopefully this ends my computers strange behaviors.

^This.

I helped a friend with his mac book once. He had problems such as freezing and crashing. I wiped the drive and reinstalled OSX more than once and it never worked. It was the harddrive that was causing the problems. I installed OSX on an external drive and it worked fine with his mac book.

If you experience more problems after reinstalling, I suggest doing what GnarMachine said.

I've had no crashes so far, SMART status is verified and I'll do a memtest as soon as I figure out how and what that is. Google searches are turning up a bunch of sites and download things... I also went into disk utility and clicked verify disk, it says it's okay. Now I'm doing the disk permissions thing.

So I was having a lot of programs crash, figured it was a system wide problem. I'm on a mbp with 10.6.3, which will be updated to whatever is current when I feel like doing software update. I've heard that reinstalling the os might stop that. While I was doing that the computer had a kernel panic, interesting... It's had like 3 before, none while trying to reinstall the os though. This is the first time I've reinstalled the os. It was like halfway through, but seemed to have restarted where it left off. Now it's done, hopefully this ends my computers strange behaviors.

it has to restart while installing the os sometimes.

it has to restart while installing the os sometimes.

It wasn't a normal restart, it did restart at the end to complete the installation though. That restart was done by me when the kernel panic occurred, and I was saying the the OS install seemed to start where it left off at the kernel panic. It didn't have to start all over again.

Looking a building a new desktop and saw this for a great price

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...-tigeremail2705

anyone see any problems with this being able to edit HD videos using premier?

You might want to buy more RAM down the road or right away since it is pretty cheap. That will make the editing process smoother and quicker. But other than that it looks like it shouldn't have any issues. My laptop that had 4gb of ram handled editing T2i footage in Vegas and Premiere so you shouldn't have an issue. The only big thing is how fast the editing will be. Having more than the minimum is always nice, especially when it comes to computers.

You might want to buy more RAM down the road or right away since it is pretty cheap. That will make the editing process smoother and quicker. But other than that it looks like it shouldn't have any issues. My laptop that had 4gb of ram handled editing T2i footage in Vegas and Premiere so you shouldn't have an issue. The only big thing is how fast the editing will be. Having more than the minimum is always nice, especially when it comes to computers.

Yeah i'm def looking to up the ram. But video card is sufficient to run Premier? As long as the editing is smooth and won't glitch i won't mind waiting an extra few minutes to render.

Yeah i'm def looking to up the ram. But video card is sufficient to run Premier? As long as the editing is smooth and won't glitch i won't mind waiting an extra few minutes to render.

my video card is worse than that one and hd edits fine.

I recently bought a new memory stick, but got the wrong one :goldenwub:

got a 4gb, thought it was a 2x2 set. will I be able to run a 2x2GB with a 4GB? all sticks are the same model (1600 Ripjaw)

I think so. I know I have run a 1 and a 2 together before. Better wait on one of the guys with more experience and knowledge of such things to confirm that for me.

If your system is able to run 3 sticks of RAM (which it should be), then yeah, try it out.

Two piece of shit PC's of mine(one is only 3 years old) both have only 2 RAM slots. Only advice is to open the fucker up and plug it in. Windows 64-bit will be the only way to utilize more than 4gb on a PC, otherwise your paper shredding your money.

I recently bought a new memory stick, but got the wrong one :goldenwub:

got a 4gb, thought it was a 2x2 set. will I be able to run a 2x2GB with a 4GB? all sticks are the same model (1600 Ripjaw)

try it and if it works then your fine. If its incompatible it just won't work.

I tried, and it is was so slow, but it only had 768mb of ram and a 1.3 ghz processor. Look for macbooks if anything, i just got one off ebay for $200 shipped.

I tried, and it is was so slow, but it only had 768mb of ram and a 1.3 ghz processor. Look for macbooks if anything, i just got one off ebay for $200 shipped.

put in the 4gb stick. didn't notice a performance difference so far, but i'm sure i'll notice it when i'm running photoshop and lightroom.

Oh damn. But it worked?

Shit! Thats fucking awesome. I'll try man, thanks.

well i only put the footage onto it to store. Never really tried to edit cause it only had imovie. And i didnt try to watch it either cause i figured it wouldnt work. My macbook is only 512mb ram and it plays y gh2 footage fine.

im trying to edit HD footage in final cut pro but sometimes my computer just completely freezes up, not even a spinning pinwheel, shit just stops and sometimes the mouse just disapears, sometimes it does it and comes back after 10 seconds then sometimes it just never does and i have to hold the power button down

wtf?

Macbook Pro 2.4 intel core duo, 4gb ram