SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Vol41nwav

Vx1000: How To Get Colors Like This Video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxLOvkRRKL4

I really like the colors from this ^^^ youtube video. What general settings do you think he used to get his colors like he had them. I Know That Colors Change From Situation To Situation BUT, what do you think generally he used?

like Color Level all the way up?

WB Shift 2 notches from up?

Sharpness at middle?

aperture generally around 5.6?

higher shutter speeds?

Do you think he white balances off something white, gray, or light blue?

Don't criticize or say that these colors suck, they are not mine. I know everyone has differing opinions on colors, I am simply asking what do you generally think the filmer used for his videos.

THANKS. PEACE

like you said it all depends, and honestly u would try things out for yourself, experiment

dont try to copy someone elses settings

real quick though looks like he white balanced off the sky, has a high shutter (around 250) and high sharp level

but his colors where pretty inconsistent to begin with

well just play with your cp's thill you get the colors you like,and that's really not the best colors vx1k can have.

this one has allot better colors.

well just play with your cp's thill you get the colors you like,and that's really not the best colors vx1k can have.

this one has allot better colors.

Haha, yeah that's pretty good colors.. but its ALOT of CC...

and I was just wondering if they did something special with bryan hermans footy when he's skatin that schoolyard in his stay gold part? fuckin great colours..

I respect all of your opinions.

but...

I am not asking for opinions on colors. I know what I like. I am simply asking if you think he used like higher color levels or wb shift settings. Ok then for the changing conditions problem, the I will be more specific. At 0:11 in the video (at that 8 stair), what do you think he did for that situation?

And I must be the only person who does not really like those colors that you're all talking about. It's just color correction and they seem dark and depressing. (<--My opinion, not yours, I am not here to argue my opinion. I am just telling you that so that you don't try to lead off the subject here)

Also where do I set my EVF settings so that the colors I see in the viewfinder will be more like they will be once they come to the computer? I would play around with settings but I takes a lot of time and tape to set colors and then import it to my computer and see if i liked it or not and keep retrying over and over. The colors I see in the viewfinder are not even close to what i see on my computer even when I bring the EVF color level down a notch. If I bring it down 2 notches, its almost black and white therefore not what I would see on my computer.

If you hate those colors so much that you just won't tell me then what about general color settings any of these videos V V V V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThJQg8hKIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ScDm9uN5wU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVSkVzxy9Es

(on this video only the second clip -->)

THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO

im friends with the kid who filmed the el segundo montage and for his colors he uses the ae preset what a noob

im friends with the kid who filmed the el segundo montage and for his colors he uses the ae preset what a noob

So it was just a cunt load of cc then.

First of all, DON'T COLOR CORRECT VX FOOTY.

If you want hese kind of colors...

Color Level not all the way up but nearly.

WB Shift 2 notches up from the middle.

Sharpness nearly all the way up.

try to keep your aperture around 5.6 but it's not a big deal if it's not.

Shutter speed will be between 100 and 350 or 60 in lowlight.

White balance with something white, always with something white!

If you want hese kind of colors...

Color Level not all the way up but nearly.

WB Shift 2 notches up from the middle.

Sharpness nearly all the way up.

try to keep your aperture around 5.6 but it's not a big deal if it's not.

Shutter speed will be between 100 and 350 or 60 in lowlight.

White balance with something white, always with something white!

THANK YOU and yeah I agree with the keeping VX footy raw and not color correcting, it just seems so much crisper.

THANK YOU and yeah I agree with the keeping VX footy raw and not color correcting, it just seems so much crisper.

THIS :(

Guys. white balance shift all depends on the situation. as do most custom presets. if you keep it the same all the time it's probably going to look like shit. i feel like and idiot for even posting in this thread because it's fucking retarded in the first place.

Guys. white balance shift all depends on the situation. as do most custom presets. if you keep it the same all the time it's probably going to look like shit. i feel like and idiot for even posting in this thread because it's fucking retarded in the first place.

I never said the opposite, he just want to get the exactly same colors so...

I never said the opposite, he just want to get the exactly same colors so...

the colors in that video changed like almost every clip.

the colors in that video changed like almost every clip.

I don't think so... the WB shift looks like it is always the same, pretty highhhh.

I don't think the shutter speed changes soo much because it's in daylight everytime in this vid.

and the colors are always pretty saturated.

In my opinion if you want realistic colors, a little color correction should always be added. My problem w/ the vx1000 colors if never about saturation but only with the fact that my blacks are always pretty much grey. I always crush the blacks a tiny bit, only until they are correctly displayed as well black

In my opinion if you want realistic colors, a little color correction should always be added. My problem w/ the vx1000 colors if never about saturation but only with the fact that my blacks are always pretty much grey. I always crush the blacks a tiny bit, only until they are correctly displayed as well black

Quick qustion-

What is crushing the blacks? i mean like what effect?

Quick qustion-

What is crushing the blacks? i mean like what effect?

in the any 3 way color corrector crushing the blacks means bring down the blacks bar making your dark colors darker

picture3rg.png

see the bar on the left thats crushing the blacks

Yeah basically you mean, add some contrast to the footage.

I can understand this, but personally i love raw footages from a VX1000.

Yeah basically you mean, add some contrast to the footage.

I can understand this, but personally i love raw footages from a VX1000.

you also have to understand you loose a lot of contrast from the raw qucktime to the final on youtube

so adding this small amount of contrast makes the footage on youtube look almost exact if not a little better than the raw qucktime