SkatePerception
Tomiger RoPort

The " How Do I Do This Effect" Thread

yeah, thats a mask transition too. you'd basically layer what clip you want to appear next under the layer you're masking and keyframe the mask shape to move along with the skater, its not hard just kinda tedious if you want it to look really good.

im going off memory so if thats not right let me know and ill go into after effects to figure it out. I think thats the easiest way though unless someone knows an easier way

Could you do a tut on that please?

^^That'd be awesome!

I know it seems fairly simple but I'm a visual learner haha

EDIT: Dave Carulli is so good at these!

Could you do a tut on that please?

haha yeah i can try to make a tut when i get the chance to. i do a lot of other editing in my spare time aswell so i can try to get to it when i have the chance.

this is probably a mad easy one but how to people make it so like you can only see one color like they will make it so that everythings black and white cept for a red shirt im guessing its just some kinda keying jumpoff but i coudnt find a tut anywhere.

this is probably a mad easy one but how to people make it so like you can only see one color like they will make it so that everythings black and white cept for a red shirt im guessing its just some kinda keying jumpoff but i coudnt find a tut anywhere.

funny you asked this i just watched this today

this guy is pretty good

funny you asked this i just watched this today

this guy is pretty good

yea, thanks.

i actually fond another way that doenst work as good but for people working in vegas to to videofx>color corection (secondary)>desaturate heights.

after that use the dropper and click on the color you wan to stay and then check invert mask and mess around with the levels untill you get the image you want. this doenst work quite as well but its 10x faster.

it's actually really simple.

after watching this i made one just fine.

I don't have cs5...

at :13 I've always wondered how to make the text disappear as something goes in front of it

If you havent figured it out, i could make a tutorial for you. Its a pretty simple effect.

• Like 1

Can somebody please explain to me how to do this, or find a tutorial on it

Look at 0:16 how the trick is synced with the beat of the music.

Thank you.

Just literally cut on the beat. When you hear the beat in the song, cut your clip so you get two video clips and get rid of a few frames at the start of the second clip. Put the two back together and it'll jump forward a bit, on beat.

ummm on the OVERdose video intros where they animate their name. I know to use paint in after effects but how do i change it to where i can animate it? Right now i can only just draw and wiggle it

if you dont know about overdose then here you go:

dont mind the horrendous vig

Does anybody have any idea how to do the effects at 0:05?

Thanks!

Yeah man I just masked out all of the inbetween bit on the fence thing, and put the other clip below it. You're going to have to know about basic masking before, if you don't already.

how do make text stay in one place? like if i was to put it on a ledge or sign or something and make it look like somebody wrote it or something on the object. im guessing it would be with motion tracking but im not sure how i would do it.

• Like 1

Sup,

Just wondering how to do this effect at 00.03 to 00.09, the intro basically. It looks like lots of things going on but i'm guessing its like masking etc. If anyone could help me out would be a BIG help; it's just a simple looking thing but super nice :goldenwub: thanks. and I guess you could use this in other intros like making images of objects come into the frame etc, i dunno ;)