SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
boon

Varial Kickflip

Kaffe Hallgren - varialflip over whatever you want to call it...

Not to fond of the magentatones in it, but I´m to lacy today...

5326249861_ee17a20862_z.jpg

Damn look at the background... totally dark, and the skater totally isolated... I'd like to have one of those 1/500 sync cameras. You can make a night shot out of the day.. =)

Yeah, Hassy is really nice in the sunlight.

This was shot in a cloudy afternoon tough.

Powerful flashes also work, but it´s more expensive then a hassy...

Yeah, Hassy is really nice in the sunlight.

This was shot in a cloudy afternoon tough.

Powerful flashes also work, but it´s more expensive then a hassy...

I know, but if you make some money with that combination from time to time, it probably pays off. =)

He he, depends on who you shoot :)

Bur yeah, you do get "better" photos, or at least you have the chance to get them.

I would say don´t get to much stuff straight away. Better too shoot, and see what you need next. Evolve with your gear.

Don´t if that made any sense in any way...

jesus christ this is great. Varial flips are pretty hard to time correctly and you got this pretty damn close to perfect

biggest mistake i've made was buying the elinchrome ranger.

sooo big and heavy. hiked for 6hours in waist deep snow with a rangerpack with two aheads and three tripods for some snowboard shots.

and yeah, really good shot man

Thanks!

Chilling with two quadrakits now, perfekt size, fits in a roller (+ a few other flashes).

But this was shot wih 2 sunpak 544 and sunpak pz 4500...

Oh nice, I just saw your setup post. jeeez. That is like $20 G's

Yeah it is some money in that stuff, and I have alot more that I didn´t include such as Imacon scanner, screen studio stuff etc. :)

But I do work as a fulltime photographer and need the stuff.

Would never have all that stuff if I didn´t work with it.

Damn, this is awesome. Makes me contemplate shooting photos with smaller strobes again - pulls off a great effect.

Are you happy with the quadras? I saw them at BH the other week and they were way smaller than I thought... My lumedynes are so sketchy I've thought about ditching them for the quadras - just worried about the flash duration.

Damn, this is awesome. Makes me contemplate shooting photos with smaller strobes again - pulls off a great effect.

Are you happy with the quadras? I saw them at BH the other week and they were way smaller than I thought... My lumedynes are so sketchy I've thought about ditching them for the quadras - just worried about the flash duration.

I know, small flashes ftw, to bad about the power.

I like my Quadras, havent had any problems with flash duration, yet. Only been on one trip with them so far.

Just make sure you get the 18cm reflectors, the ones it comes with are way to wide to shoot skate with.

They are also releasing a cheap ringflash head for it this spring at around 250-300€.

I´m getting that asap...

Nice. Were you ever using lumeys? Do the quadras work at 200w/s? I feel like 400 is too much power most of the time.

I can't seem to get a straight answer duration wise from elinchrom. Does duration become shorter the lower they are powered?

It's not much $$$ for an upgrade and they felt so much less ancient.

Skateperception needs to have an automated system to send your's and Zanders skate shots to the top shots thread.

Nice. Were you ever using lumeys? Do the quadras work at 200w/s? I feel like 400 is too much power most of the time.

I can't seem to get a straight answer duration wise from elinchrom. Does duration become shorter the lower they are powered?

It's not much $$$ for an upgrade and they felt so much less ancient.

They give shorter durations on less power, and ju have two outlets, A and B, B gives you shorter durations but also less power.

I´ll try to get hold of the exact time.

Skateperception needs to have an automated system to send your's and Zanders skate shots to the top shots thread.

Ha ha, thanks!

Zander is the bomb!!!