SkatePerception
jkoroscil

Website Design Netjiot

i made 1 index.php

a admin folder

with a add file, a delete file, and an update file.

with a little bit of includes it comes out nice not too bad.. and also a login form, have you ever tried to make one?

http://www.eatsleepskate.com/test

/\ above is the index .php file i just created and through a lil bit of css too.

I'm trying to make an alternate design for my site.

I want to have a nav box, that's on the right of the website. How do I do this with CSS?

I'm trying to make an alternate design for my site.

I want to have a nav box, that's on the right of the website. How do I do this with CSS?

.nav box{
   position:absolute;
   right:0px;
}

.nav box{
   right:0px;
}

Thanks man.

I have this code for the nav box, I want it to be slightly opaque so I have the opacity thing at the bottom. But it makes the text opaque as well, how do I fix this? Thanks.

#nav
{

background-color:#FFF;
width: 270px;
height: 350px;
margin-top:75px;
text-padding-left:10px;
border: 1px solid #000;
right:200px;
opacity:0.6;
}

Thanks man.

I have this code for the nav box, I want it to be slightly opaque so I have the opacity thing at the bottom. But it makes the text opaque as well, how do I fix this? Thanks.

#nav
{

background-color:#FFF;
width: 270px;
height: 350px;
margin-top:75px;
text-padding-left:10px;
border: 1px solid #000;
right:200px;
opacity:0.6;
}

Make opacity back to 1 and set background to background:rgba(255,255,255,0.6); This is just another way to set colors in CSS using RGB values. The fourth value is the opacity. RGBa doesn't work in IE, so just do something like this:

background:rgb(255,255,255);
background:rgba(255,255,255,0.6);

RGB works in IE so basically you're setting both RGB and RGBa, browsers that support alpha will ignore the first background value.

alright, i have made my index.html and style.css and i'm satisfied with how they are. i bought a domain name from 1and1, and now i need to host and upload my website for free. i have tried various websites and using filezilla, but i can't make it work. if someone wants to pm me or reply to this post trying to help me out, that would be much appreciated.

How do i make a site "powered" by tumblr?

I've seen a few sites like this, and have been wanting to get a site going but can't afford a domain at the moment.

Here's a site like the one i'd like to make.. maybe a few more sections if possible

http://sk803.com/

How do i make a site "powered" by tumblr?

I've seen a few sites like this, and have been wanting to get a site going but can't afford a domain at the moment.

Here's a site like the one i'd like to make.. maybe a few more sections if possible

http://sk803.com/

Just sign up for a tumblr account here http://www.tumblr.com/. You can pick a theme you like, or design something yourself, then later get a domain name for your tumblr.

Finally I've installed wordpress, now I have a few questions.

I've installed it to this domain http://blog.shanephotographics.com because I want to to run it as the blog part of this site.

I'm currently changing the design of the main site for a myriad of reasons, but anyway, I'm going to be using the grid system to layout the site and lightbox to show all the photos. So that means I have like 5 CSS's.

Will I have to combine them all to get it to work on wordpress so the site's look identical?

Yeah, it seems like you could either do the whole thing in wordpress, or you could just link to the wp blog from your site as it is and change the theme to try to match it. maybe it would be 'better' to do it all in wordpress, but easier / quicker to just try to get the theme to match what you've already got.

how do I put images over another image in dream weaver.

i have a banner with a built in navigation bar. i separated the image and made buttons and roll overs now i just need to figure out how i put them over the the non functional navigation bar.

I have a few questions, thought id bring them here. I currently running bmer.org, and the members of the club want me to look into selling tshirts through the website. There are many ways I can do this.

I was looking through a few ecommerce plugins for wordpress, but is this even the way I want to go? Or should I just set up a PayPal option to pay for them? Im not quite sure where to start, and the reasoning behind me coming here for help is because Im pretty sure ive come across some sites on here that had a Shopping Cart/E-Commerce type of thing going on. Any help would be appreicated. <_<

Can anyone help me, I need to somehow work out how to make the first image on my site to be randomized. I want to have a selection of say 5 images in a folder dedicated to the front page with some sort of way of having a different one come up each time the page is loaded.

How would I go about doing this?

I have a few questions, thought id bring them here. I currently running bmer.org, and the members of the club want me to look into selling tshirts through the website. There are many ways I can do this.

I was looking through a few ecommerce plugins for wordpress, but is this even the way I want to go? Or should I just set up a PayPal option to pay for them? Im not quite sure where to start, and the reasoning behind me coming here for help is because Im pretty sure ive come across some sites on here that had a Shopping Cart/E-Commerce type of thing going on. Any help would be appreicated.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpr...pping-cart/faq/

Can anyone help me, I need to somehow work out how to make the first image on my site to be randomized. I want to have a selection of say 5 images in a folder dedicated to the front page with some sort of way of having a different one come up each time the page is loaded.

How would I go about doing this?

http://ma.tt/scripts/randomimage/

You could also set up a big cartel site to go along side your wordpress site. I know a lot of people that use it and love it. It's really simple to get started and maintain it and customers can use whatever they want to pay.

Is there a simple way to create an overflow that you have to click to bring the next element up. So if I had 3 images, each time I clicked, the next one moved up into place.

Is there a simple way to create an overflow that you have to click to bring the next element up. So if I had 3 images, each time I clicked, the next one moved up into place.

jq