SkatePerception
jkoroscil

Website Design Netjiot

If I have a page on my website that ends in .php is there a way to make it so that you don't need to type that in at the end of the web address to get to that page. For example I have a page of my website www.fourwheelsrolling.com/videos.php (not a real link) but if you don't type the .php at the end it doesn't bring you to the page

If I have a page on my website that ends in .php is there a way to make it so that you don't need to type that in at the end of the web address to get to that page. For example I have a page of my website www.fourwheelsrolling.com/videos.php (not a real link) but if you don't type the .php at the end it doesn't bring you to the page

If it always ends in .php you can do:

basename('http://www.example.com/index.php', '.php')

If it can end with other extensions, you can do:

$url = parse_url($address);
$filename= array_pop(explode('/', $url['path']));
$filestem= explode('.', $filename)[0];

If it always ends in .php you can do:

basename('http://www.example.com/index.php', '.php')

If it can end with other extensions, you can do:

Would I put that code in the .htaccess file?

I tried putting this in my .htaccess file before and it dind't work after I saw it working for other people

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}\.php -f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1.php

Yeah in a .htaccess file.

thanks and the only thing I change is 'http://www.example.com/index.php'?

sorry for all the questions but I'm still leanring everything

Try this one.

$url = parse_url($address);
$filename= array_pop(explode('/', $url['path']));
$filestem= explode('.', $filename)[0];

Do I just copy and paste that exact code in my .htaccess file? If so i get an Internal Server Error. I don't know why I can't figure this out, I saw some video of someone getting rid of the file extension in the url and it worked fine

Does anyone know of any tutorials for making a wordpress theme? I've looked at a few but they were quite confusing.

• Like 1

thats the nature of the beast

I figured it out now, but literally just to make the posts half function.

Whoever coded the actual site is a genius.

Does anyone know any good web design blogs/sites to follow?

I've been working on a redesign of my site.

Here's it so far.

http://test2.shanephotographics.com

I have a few problems. The first one is getting the sets dropdown at the bottom to be positioned inline with the next and prev buttons but aligned on the right.

The second is loading a new slideshow without having to load all the website again, when one of the sets is added.

The third is something which I don't know if it's possible but I want to have some way of uploading a folder of images to my host, then the site automatically creates a new set.

I've been working on a redesign of my site.

Here's it so far.

http://test2.shanephotographics.com

I have a few problems. The first one is getting the sets dropdown at the bottom to be positioned inline with the next and prev buttons but aligned on the right.

The second is loading a new slideshow without having to load all the website again, when one of the sets is added.

The third is something which I don't know if it's possible but I want to have some way of uploading a folder of images to my host, then the site automatically creates a new set.

I'll help out with 2 of your problems

1st problem - using relative positioning, and setting the top value with a negative value will move sets up where you want it

ex.

#sets {
position:relative;<----
top:-23px;<---
width:90px; 
float:right;
text-align: right; 
list-style:none
margin-bottom:10px;	
}

3rd problem - This can be done with some knowledge of PHP, SQL, and databases

As far as your 2nd problem, I just don't understand what exactly you are asking

Hope this helps :)

Thanks man.

With the second question I mean, you've got the head of a page, content and footer. Is there a way to load new content without reloading the head and footer.

Ahhhhh yes, now I get it.

You can easily do this with an iframe...but that is evil and frowned upon by everyone :)

Ajax is the answer for changing specific divs on the page without reloading everything else. Basically, you will have some sort of javascript function using Ajax to call a php script and retrieve the content into the div.

Me.

Btw, keep your eyes peeled, because Steve, Charley, and me are currently working on reviving and building up the new SP index page, bringing back a lot of the old features + lots of new ones. It's already up; just hidden, as we still have a ton of work to do.

In the meantime, I run both of my websites found in my signature. I still have a lot of work to do on sleepingsunfilms.com too, as I just renovated it.

bump, cause i'm still stoked a thread of mine got pinned :wub:

by the way, post up some sick sites yall are working on. i'm currently doing nothing but a blog which i rarely update. one of these days i'll get back into this shit. i got lots of time now that it's winter and i can't skate.