SkatePerception
ogmike

Motorcycle Thread 3.0

tumblr_llz0dfPYva1qbxllno1_500.jpg

tumblr_llz099sbjG1qbxllno1_500.jpg

tumblr_llxq44N8Ro1qbxllno1_500.jpg

rode from st. louis to carbondale, il to see the spits play a basement show... we slept next to our bikes on the ground with jackets as pillows behind the house where the show was. woke up at 7am and we hit the road again. the trip was amazing from start to finish.

and 3.0 finally gets the shot in the arm in so desperately needed

cause it's finally the riding season

tumblr_lmccxdeWLC1qbxllno1_500.jpg

went on another good ride today. went 30 miles south of st. louis on the illinois side of the river. turned around, got in a wreck, then went to walmart and bought everything we needed to fix my bike. fixed it and returned everything we bought, then rode an hour north of st. louis to get beers and cheap eats at fast eddie's. really feeling the effects of the wreck now that i'm home and relaxing... i think i bruised a rib or two. so worth it.

I found some dude by where I live who has a beat ass honda cb750 for sale. i've been reading a lot about stripping them down and chopping those frames to hard tails. i've seen some badass bikes made from those frames. I'm just broke so I can't get it. I want to build a bike in the future so fucking bad. it looks like it'd be a lot of fun. i need to start saving.

buy a cheap bike that runs decent before you buy something to chop up. you'll get really annoyed and unmotivated if you can't ride something. yamaha xs650's also make good bikes to chop. my friend rides a '71 cb750, it's all flat black and is a really good cruising bike. parts are everywhere for them, and cheap, the lines are a little flat for making a good bobber/chopper. depends on what year you're looking at.

+1000 to first and foremost having a bike that you can ride. I had (still have?) big plans for my bike, but I can't stop riding the damn thing long enough to start in on any of those plans. Just get any cheap bike that runs as soon as possible... a weird old enduro, a pink sportster, or the ugliest CB variation you can find. You'll get on it and start going down the road and care a whole lot less about what it is...not that cool bikes aren't still really fuckin cool.

And sos, what is that bike next to the guy in the grey shirt?

the bike next to the guy in the grey is the '71 cb750, but it belongs to the guy in the black shirt, who is standing next to grey shirt guy's vespa. vespa guy is the one that caused me to wreck. didn't see me signal to turn left and i cut left as he kept going straight past me and we collided. i also didn't look over my shoulder to make sure he saw me signal, so that's kinda my fault there.

Rough one...haven't done any group rides but shit like that seems like it could happen pretty easily during one. Glad you walked away.

Time to get a low profile non-DOT for cruising around town...probably going to stick w/ Biltwell, the Loser Machine store is empty anyway.

sos you really are my inspiration to get a bike, I haven't had the time to get a permit or license yet, but i plan on doing it soon. My roommate in the fall builds bikes, I haven't talked to him much about it but I have seen one he built.

ill try to document more because i be riding all the past week and now im rolling with friends a lot more rather than just to and from work

FxCam_1307170877959.jpg

sos you really are my inspiration to get a bike, I haven't had the time to get a permit or license yet, but i plan on doing it soon. My roommate in the fall builds bikes, I haven't talked to him much about it but I have seen one he built.

thank you, but i'm so new to it. if you really want to try it, just get something cheap and see what you think. i promise you'll be hooked. i paid $500 for my bike and with a little more money and some reading and maintenance, it's kept me rolling for a while now. it's not that hard.

tumblr_lmecg1XT8t1qbxllno1_500.jpg

we met up and rode down to the vintage bike/scooter show

tumblr_lmefr68Keg1qbxllno1_500.jpg

I wanted something older and cheaper anyway, it turns out as of half an hour ago i wont be living at that house with the dude who build's bikes. I just want something to ride around on, its a nice area down here to drive around, i couldn't imagine doing it on a bike. I really wish the license shit was easier to get in NY. permit is the easy part, license is another thing.

the tests aren't all that hard. at least here. i can't imagine it's that different there.

its not the test persay, its just the process. Like if I get a permit I can ride with people who have a license on a bike myself, which is cool but to go through the process of getting a license you either have to do a class and at the end you get your license or you take the road test which from what I hear and from friends saying is harder. The classes are worth it, the just fill up ~6 months ahead of the start of them. I plan on doing this sometime soon though.

I don't know if it's the same there too with this stuff?

its not the test persay, its just the process. Like if I get a permit I can ride with people who have a license on a bike myself, which is cool but to go through the process of getting a license you either have to do a class and at the end you get your license or you take the road test which from what I hear and from friends saying is harder. The classes are worth it, the just fill up ~6 months ahead of the start of them. I plan on doing this sometime soon though.

I don't know if it's the same there too with this stuff?

get a cheap bike or have someone else let you learn on theirs. the road test is not hard. stop, go, turn, blah blah blah. if you can ride a motorcycle straight and stop without crashing or dropping the bike, then you'll pass the road test. you're just letting it psych you out cause it's not a car.

so corny. that looks like its having an identity crisis. flat black... with flames. solo seat pan just replacing the stock seat... frisco'd tank out of nowhere? odd choice.

good bike but the flames please no, also has an asshole exhaust pipe

btw theres a rumor that all 2012 HD bikes are going to be liquid cooled, i hope not.

flames are lol. i saw a bike at the vintage show that looked almost exactly like that. some ill fated attempt at a bobber. it was a harley night train with an amf HD tank on it, with the crappiest hardtail job i've ever seen and a buncha way wrong pin striping. i was gonna take a picture of it but the guy was right by it basically posing and i didn't want him to think i was into his bike. it was gross.

btw theres a rumor that all 2012 HD bikes are going to be liquid cooled, i hope not.

so they'll be even twice as gay. HD is lame. i mean, don't get me wrong, they made some rad bikes in the past, but they're basically turning into sport bikes with different designs. have you seen those newer sportster things they make? it's clearly a modified crotch rocket.

2evx2j7.jpg

somebody rode this exact back to the vintage show and while i admit it looks comfy as fuck and all that... the price tag is probably insane and it's not characteristic of harley. gimme beefy choppers and shit, not grandpa bikes with "style".