SkatePerception
ogmike

Motorcycle Thread 3.0

do it. (as long as its titled if your state requires it)

this is slowly turning into the honda thread.

on that note , just got a deal on my first bike , 96 rebel

243390.jpg

it's quite small but should be good to learn on

47eb50fc742811e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

New Dice mag came with a rad patch. And we're going on our first group ride of the season this Saturday. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally. So stoked.

gas getting so jacked out here, bout to be riding to work eryday

Speaking of helmets I'll be getting one in the next few days.

What style do you guys like?

I think I'm leaning towards an open faced helmet. Just don't know how bad the bug situation would be.

Speaking of helmets I'll be getting one in the next few days.

What style do you guys like?

I think I'm leaning towards an open faced helmet. Just don't know how bad the bug situation would be.

Open face is awesome, it's more like what being on a motorcycle should be; open and unrestricted. That being said, I love my full face helmet and wouldn't go on long trips without it. When you have a full face on and a huge bug hits your face shield while you're going 70 and you imagine what that would have felt like without the protection, you'll be glad you have a full face.

That helmet is serious thrash.

I have a full face, but 99% of the time I'm wearing my open face, and half of that time with my clear shield (for highway and night).

I've taken rocks to that shield and it has yet to fly off...just a lot of scuffs and scratches.

553983_10100757873781763_10200584_56955052_974603619_n.jpg

Boom, another pic of my bike taken on my street. TGIF to the MC, take the long way into work today.

Soooo...

The bike still isn't running fully...

My friend came over today and we went through most of the possible solutions. Reset the point gaps, tested the timing, turned the carbs, and a few other adjustments. I have strong compression in both cylinders, so that pretty much rules out most internal engine issues.

The bike sounds like it is running better but the right side is still not fully functioning. The bike idles but the right side never heats up, it stays cold to the touch.

I'm going to get new spark plugs and change the oil in the next few days, and see if that helps. One of the spark plugs seemed like it could potentially be fouled. Also, there was a hell of a lot of oil in the bike, over a quart too much. So i don't know if that had anything to do with the issue.

The only thing we couldn't adjust is the valves because we didn't have the right size of allen key.

So if the oil change and new plugs don't do the trick, we are going to adjust the valves as a last effort. If that doesn't work I'll have to swallow my pride and seek professional help.

Frustration level +1.

Oh and to top it all off my replacement tank mouldings came in and are complete pieces of shit. Cheap plastic pieces of shit. $40 for about fifty cents worth of plastic, I was at least expecting metal. So I'll be returning them and looking elsewhere.

ahh so hard to find a cheap bike out in north dakota. might go look at a 78 suzuki gs550 monday but idk if im diggin it quite yet.

Scott, how did you test compression?

My friend that was helping me with my bike brought over a compression test kit and checked each cylinder. I was worried I had worn rings on the right side but all seemed well.

I'm going for plugs and oil tomorrow, fingers crossed thats the solution.

Saturday was amaaaaaazing. I needed that.

bikesfriends-1.png

friends.png

bikes-1.png

breakfast.png

af519851.jpg

How far can 3Gs get me?

Really far, considering about $1000 total into my bike (including the bike cost) has gotten me all around the Midwest for a year now. You can get a newer Harley Sportster with low miles for around 3Gs depending on where you buy it.

Really far, considering about $1000 total into my bike (including the bike cost) has gotten me all around the Midwest for a year now. You can get a newer Harley Sportster with low miles for around 3Gs depending on where you buy it.

this is good news, I'm looking to intern awesome people during my sabbatical, three of the things I want to focus on are photography, learning guitar, and motorcycles.

this is good news, I'm looking to intern awesome people during my sabbatical, three of the things I want to focus on are photography, learning guitar, and motorcycles.

I am decent at two out of those three. Let's hang, brah

gyuihewauoaidhxmiu wlaehm

A vintage R-series BMW is my dream bike.

Those are the first bikes I saw that made me want to get a motorcycle.

Also, my leather jacket came in today! Now if I could just get my bike on the road so I can wear it...