SkatePerception
ogmike

Motorcycle Thread 3.0

I have a suzuki too.... minus a motor still though ha. On monday my dad found a guy to buy the body parts i had from a VW singlecab. Now that I can take my bike down the side yard and into a truck it's going to my workshop to begin the teardown and rebuild. still trying to locate a motor that I can either pick up or have shipped for less than 100 bucks. Summer is already here and it was my plan to have the thing built a running by the end of it.

Hell yeah man, thats the TU right?

Glad to see someone else with a suzuki here haha

yeah dude. never though I'd get a brand new bike, but the dealership had a great deal so I rode it home today. Getting my license this weekend, but I've been riding around all afternoon anyway.

Definitely prefer that bike to a rebel or the gz250. Looks pretty cool.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it? Im gonna be buying a brand new bike within the year and just trying to get an idea.

Definitely prefer that bike to a rebel or the gz250. Looks pretty cool.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it? Im gonna be buying a brand new bike within the year and just trying to get an idea.

$3500 (msrp is $4100). I can't wait to put some serious miles on it.

went to this place to pick up a condenser for my cl:

DSC_0142.jpg

it was nuts. thousands of old motorcycles that you can pull parts off. more pics here and here (not my blog)

word rad, we have a bike junk yard here too called jack's cycle and salvage, i bet it looked like this almost at one point, but its pretty dry now, got someone coming to check my bike out at 9am before i go on this skate trip, fuhhh

• Like 1

Picked up my bike and she seems to be running better, although currently unrideable as the mechanic seems to have improperly reinstalled the shifter arm as the bottom of the mechanism is catching on the exhaust pipe. So it basically has limited movement to the point where when I press it down it doesn't come back up, and vise-versa.

Fuck me.

I just want to ride the damn bike.

I'll have to try and sort it out before work tomorrow. It doesn't help I'm busy as all hell this weekend.

I'd do it, If I can find someone to ride with me haha. Or I could just say fuck it and go it alone, unless any east coast homies wanna meet up.

My friend came over to take a look at my stuck shifter, I started the bike to show him how nice it was running after it came home from the shop.

It ran like shit. After a good number of kicks the engine turned over and ran while I gave it gas, it refused to idle, and the throttle had a really delayed response. It was running worse than when I took it in to the shop, the left side was stone cold and the right was hot.

Should I just say fuck this bike and get a different one?

I'm starting to think that if a month of sitting in a bike shop doesn't get it running right all hope is lost.

What do you guys think?

It's hard to say, but one thing is for sure... I would go back to that shop and ask them what the fuck.

Yeah. They are closed till Tuesday but I'm going to call and see what they say.

It's getting to the point where I need to decide between continuing to pour money into this bike or just cutting my loses and moving on to something else.

It just pisses me off that the bike came home less functional than it was when I took it to the shop.

It is just bad timing with me leaving the country later this week, I don't know if I will have time to deal with it.

They are closed till Tuesday but I'm going to call and see what they say.

Don't do it by phone. Man up and go down there in person. You're far less likely to get some bullshit response if you're there talking to someone face to face. It's easy to be a dick over the phone.

Yeah man, fuck that place. Ive been starting to hear more and more stories about shops fucking people over. Go over there and tell them what happened, and demand that they fix it.

get your money back and do your own work on your motorcycle. honda twins are easy to work on and have tons of support online

• Like 1

I don't see the issue...they converted your twin to a single and just doubled your gas mileage

• Like 1

anybody got good advice "in helmet speakers"?

I have been riding for a while with a pair of these New Balance Sport earbuds, but they have come to aggravate me on my longer commutes, and in helmet speakers have been brought to my attention, but all i can seem to find is shit like this are there like "high end" in helmet speakers or am i better off just making a pair for myself?

On rides longer than 100 miles I use these to cut down on wind noise and provide a bit of background entertainment. Riding on the highway without ear protection will fuck your hearing up fast.

Welcome to SP...and, post your FUCKING BIKE new guy. We all want to see it.

• Like 2

I don't see the issue...they converted your twin to a single and just doubled your gas mileage

And now you can thump hard with me

Don't do it by phone. Man up and go down there in person. You're far less likely to get some bullshit response if you're there talking to someone face to face. It's easy to be a dick over the phone.

I don't have time to go in there before I leave for Scotland and I want to try and resolve this before I leave. Otherwise it would be me saying "remember this bike you worked on a month ago..." Plus the being a dick over the phone thing goes both ways, I'll be less likely to be a pushover over the phone. I'm a very non-confrontational person by nature.

get your money back and do your own work on your motorcycle. honda twins are easy to work on and have tons of support online

I won't be getting my money back I already know that. The work and parts he charged me for were justified. There seems to be what can only be described as a "disease" that some of these old Hondas have, which carries many symptoms but no logical explanation. My friend bought a CL350 very similar to my bike and he has been having the same issues, his dad is a mechanic who used to own his own shop and he can't get the bike running. Same goes for this guy who worked on my bike, he is the main guy at the shop and he couldn't seem to pinpoint the issue. I doubt someone with my very limited mechanical experience would be able to sort this out with only the internet as my guide, never mind the fact I just don't have the time to work on the bike myself.

The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards washing my hands of the whole thing and getting a different bike.