ogmike

Motorcycle Thread 3.0

just gotta clean out the carbs and what not from winter sitting

Famous last words.

I'm not sure if I've ever posted my bike in here. Anyways, here she is:

ALxxeYB.jpg?1

lol, broken turn signal.

• Like 4

what kind of paint job? I was thinking of attempting my own with a metal flake in it

I decided to go with a black flake.

It looks pretty good and it shines really nicely in the sunlight.

My old paint job got fucked up cause i had to strip my tank liner and some of the stripper got on the paint.

fuck honda twins look so good, they are hard to find around here. bikes look great

7lazydaze lets see some photos

Been looking at bikes lately on craigslist, found a honda scrambler for 900 next town over that just needs the carbs rebuilt. Might have to go check it out in a few weeks if it's still available

Been looking at bikes lately on craigslist, found a honda scrambler for 900 next town over that just needs the carbs rebuilt. Might have to go check it out in a few weeks if it's still available

I'm dying to get my hands on a CL350 scrambler. Those high-pipes just look waaaaay too nice. I got my CB350 for $800 with "carb issues", I ended up putting about $300-400 in parts into her, although I did a lot more than was necessary to just bring it back to life. If you're patient and check craigslist daily, you should be able to get a nice 70's Honda for less than $1500, easy.

• Like 1

This fucking CL350:

8m0Gdrv.jpg?1

yBd8xHn.jpg?1

That white frame is just too fucking sick. Only a few parts aren't stock too (gauge, handlebars, headlight, tailight, seat, rearsets), so it isn't even heavily modified. Pretty classy resto-mod.

• Like 1

I'm dying to get my hands on a CL350 scrambler. Those high-pipes just look waaaaay too nice. I got my CB350 for $800 with "carb issues", I ended up putting about $300-400 in parts into her, although I did a lot more than was necessary to just bring it back to life. If you're patient and check craigslist daily, you should be able to get a nice 70's Honda for less than $1500, easy.

Im in no rush to buy a bike at all, just started looking at them recently. Been on dirtbikes and fourwheels for most of my life so i'd feel fine driving one. Might wait it out till next summer, pay off my car some more before i bring in another thing to dump money on.

942369_4793283353579_2008077116_n.jpg

sold my first bike. officially left with just 70's bikes now

was at the bar with friends when my girlfriend texted me a video of her getting her bike running for the first time. that was pretty awesome

also, holy crap-

I just spent 35 minutes in a parking lot kicking my ironhead. first time I really couldn't get it started, and shit it sucks. of course it was at a motorcycle shop as well

• Like 1

I just spent 35 minutes in a parking lot kicking my ironhead. first time I really couldn't get it started, and shit it sucks. of course it was at a motorcycle shop as well

This is one of the main reasons why I want to start with an Evo instead of a Shovel. I went riding the other day w/ my friend who got the Panhead and every time we left somewhere, we had to wait around 10-15 minutes for him to get it started. Kicking and kicking and kicking and kicking. Fuck all that.

I bought new spark plugs, although my current ones weren't fouled. probably going in, paying for them, and switching them out gave the bike enough time to dry out a little and start. I assume I flooded it.

never an issue when cold, have to figure out this warm start thing. it's only when I have to start it like 3 times in an hour. 2 times is ok

get a shovel/iron that has electric and kick. I wanted to buy an XLH pre 1979 and install a kicker on it, but then this kick only came along and I went for it.

get a shovel/iron that has electric and kick. I wanted to buy an XLH pre 1979 and install a kicker on it, but then this kick only came along and I went for it.

For sure. I swore I'd never get another bike that didn't have kick start after owning a KZ440 for little bit that blew a starter. Although Evo's aren't kickers, you can buy a kit, but supposedly it's expensive and a bitch to install, so probably not worth it.

• Like 1

Not sure if you guys would have seen this or not. Pretty intense ride.

Also, I've got two new coils and spark cables in the mail for my Cb350. Hopefully I'll have her going next weekend.

• Like 2

Heres a pic of the new paint job.

I havent been able to ride at all lately its been raining all day everyday for the past week and a half.

photo-1_zps148cc59a.jpg

• Like 2

Hey guys its been a while, I was just looking through and was really siked on the bikes people have up. I finished mine a few months back and couldn't be happier.

null_zpsc180668c.jpg

sorry for the huge photos didnt really want to take the time to resize them

null_zpsf99882fb.jpg

null_zps890e4e20.jpg

null_zps6993236f.jpg

null_zps191a454a.jpg

• Like 5

looks great man, definitely in the same general direction I'm trying to go. is that a mooneyes air cleaner? I want to put something on other than the huge S&S teardrop but I still want good airflow

another thing, I want to replace the stock headlight as well, what was your solution for all of the wires with your new one? did you rewire the bike to simplify it?

My brother and I went on a ride with our local/friendly Satanic Mechanics chapter. They wanted dirt, so they got it...there were a few hard tails but everyone made it through.

8713463431_3281802218_b.jpg

8714586208_0fefae6841_b.jpg

• Like 4

started taking it out (cb450) and it has trouble finding third, about half of the time it stays in second. shifting a second time always puts it in third though. any ideas on what it could be?

got the bike running good today. all it needed was a little adjustment in the idle and it runs like a champ now.

8715493447_d4132c0d25_c.jpg

• Like 3

virgtemp_zpsb1c1e5e2.jpg

943365_4824771260757_1899014653_n.jpg

took her first ride the other day, went pretty well but the carbs got gunked up again so we're cleaning the tank. she didn't crash or scare the crap out of me so that was positive

• Like 2