SkatePerception
ogmike

Motorcycle Thread 3.0

born free is on my list, and so is el diablo run. I think I have enough frequent flier miles to get to one of those two.. guess we'll see

fuck i would love to do EDR. i would be skeptical if any of my bikes would make it tho haha.

heres some pics of recent shop stuff since im usually stingy on the pics.

haha heres my buddys sporty with the stupidest springer on it. shortly before this photo was taken he took it out on the maiden voyage and made it about 30ft and layed it down in the parking lot haha. then shortly after this photo this springer was taken off and made a shop ornament lol. that thing is fucked haha. does not steer at all with how its raked.

10586045956_48e4bc827e_c.jpg

sporty back to its normal look.

10586039406_10873dc84d_z.jpg

heres an evo i threw together from spare parts.

10586027245_07411f21c4_z.jpg

whats left of the panhead.

10586037286_1ec729c4bf_z.jpg

motors and trannyz

10586032786_a2a56a2259_z.jpg

whats left of the shovelhead.

10586020715_1e34b0fdcc_z.jpg

10586113295_b0189908af_z.jpg

• Like 1

fuck yea cody...let's talk about that datsun?

anyway...big time bro-down on Sunday, last official ride of our group this season, a lot of new guys came out and we had 20+ bikes...I got some patches made for the boys

10593058505_7905138188_z.jpg

happy to mail one or two off to you dudes, they are very small so a stamp does it just fine

here's a pic of us riding out of town:

10593570535_84ac9705fa_z.jpg

just noticed that dude on the right has white gloves on wtf is that about

Here's us riding home from the mountains

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71830995@N05/10593524765/

Here's us at our buddy's house for the pig roast

10593535875_99715a9300_z.jpg

we got drunk and did a lot of towing around on skateboards, a few guys wobbled to death but most survived.

the end

• Like 1

damn lemme get a patch ;)

but fuck that datsun tho. basically i rent a third of that shop and have to do everything in between two cars haha.

too bad that springer didn't work it looks awesome on there!

I'm getting big twin envy. pan would be awesome but I'll settle for a shovel in the next two years.

awesome you got so many dudes out for a ride, we had a couple sweet group rides this fall that some people I met from Gypsy run and brooklyn invitational came out for

I'm going to put my long forks back on, so in the end you had the better vision sos

yup, came quick, thanks.

started stripping down my girls sportster.. holy shit it has a lot of useless chrome things bolted on

Got mine, thanks!

Been scoping out some parts online while I'm unable to ride, got some new bars and possibly a new tank coming. Might also swap out the headlight. Found a place that will do 8 over front forks for a really good price, might order those soon, too. I want to change it up a bunch for next season.

I helped my dad out a bit while he was laid off from work and he's helping me out now getting a bike. My neighbor has a Honda CB550 four that was his dads and has been in his garage for years. Said he had it running probably 6 years ago then got his own bike. My dad helped him do some work at his house and i think he was going to do a few more things with him and i can have it. I don't remember which year but, i am excited to get it and see what it needs to get going. Still have to do the whole motorcycle safety course and what not but, I have ridden dirt bikes before and am some what familiar with bikes.

the motorcycle safety courses are the shit...i had never ridden a motorcycle ever and they got me up and running real quick.

cb's are super solid, I've always liked the 550's should run forever once you get it sorted

Yea my brother, mom, and dad have all done the safety course. It helps with insurance cost too so i might as well do it. I don't think it will need much to get it going. Owner said that he was going to do new brakes if he continued to ride it so, that + whatever it could need from sitting.

after graduating this past may i've been dead set on doing nj to san diego round trip before i settle down into a 9-5. due to financial constraints and repairs, i'm still sitting here a month and a half after i planned on leaving. i may be able to leave after thanksgiving weekend, but being so late in the season, i'm assuming the weather and the ride will be brutal and take away most of the joy. my route would be south if i decide to still go, just want to get some input from you guys. doable or nix it?

wait for late spring or next summer. you'll have to carry less stuff. also get to west coast, rent a surfboard, surf west coast.

after graduating this past may i've been dead set on doing nj to san diego round trip before i settle down into a 9-5. due to financial constraints and repairs, i'm still sitting here a month and a half after i planned on leaving. i may be able to leave after thanksgiving weekend, but being so late in the season, i'm assuming the weather and the ride will be brutal and take away most of the joy. my route would be south if i decide to still go, just want to get some input from you guys. doable or nix it?

Yea man I dunno, there's no real guarantee of ice-free riding until you get way south. If you can sneak down there and stay down there as you head west then yea, go for it, why not. It'd be way more fun to link through some of the mountain ranges out west in Utah, California, Colorado, etc, in the spring, but if you can go now and sneak into the south without a worry about frozen stuff then give it a go. From experience, waiting rarely does a motorcycle trip any good.

Out of curiosity, what bike are you going to be taking?

'74 cb450. not a highway beast at all but i'll survive off of the interstates. at this point it looks like i may just shoot down and visit family in south fl instead but if i'm up to it, who knows, i may try and creep the coast and take that route after. having no responsibilities or bills aside from the impending school loans at the moment, i want to take as much advantage of this time as possible. i kept pushing the date farther and farther back since july, but like you said, it would be a shame to take the trip that far and miss what i was planning on hitting but now avoiding because of the weather.

hellllll yeah

I'm starting to collect some parts for the winter.. got a new (old) tail light that looks sweet, horsehoe shovel oil tank I'll try and fit, and my buddy works at some kind of shop that builds race car chassis stuff and said let him know, and I can come and use the cnc, lathes, tube benders and tig welders whenever.

I have no idea on how to do any of that stuff, but I'm stoked on the offer/opportunity

• Like 1

Picked up a 1983 Honda FT500 Ascot last week. Been looking around for something to ride/build instead of riding my scooter around.. Have a few Ideas with how I want to go with this bike and am pretty stoked on this being my first road bike. I have raced Dirtbikes since I was a kid so this is a simple engine to work on and rides like a dirtbike considering the engine is the same as the xr500/xl500 of that time. Stoked on all of yalls rides and glad I dont have to lurk this thread now!

2m5bfw5.jpg

ritgt5.jpg

2h8dbib.jpg

• Like 1