SkatePerception
ogmike

Motorcycle Thread 3.0

yeah I was lurking upstate New York craigslist and I found a cb500 running but somewhat in parts for $400 that was a twin.

stay away from cb500t's, I have one and fuck them.

if you are into the twins on a budget check out

cb450

cl450

xs650

I'm sure there's more.

• Like 1

any idea what brand hard tail jordan? I went with david bird bolt on, but now that I've learned to weld I wish I got a weld on. they look a lot cleaner.

Don't know what brand, but I know it was a bolt on that he also welded on. I like the one he put on, only issue is the old frame peaks above the lines of the hard tail near the seat, so I can't mount a seat that sits into the fender without chopping off part of the old frame and welding in a T piece for support. I don't trust my welding skills to do that though.

My friend sold me a girder for really cheap and help me put it on this week. I also just got rabbits recently, so going from T bars/39mm's to rabbits/10over with no front brake (for now) is intense. I swapped the T bars back on after riding it home with the rabbits. Need to get used to one at a time.

photo1-3_zpsa7e5dbe2.jpg

photo5-2_zps1e608c6b.jpg

I spent the last while since I last came on here trying to figure out charging issues I was having. It took me so long to figure it out, even after taking the generator and regulator off to bench test them. Even after bench testing the generator it seemed fine, but as soon as I put it in the battery would still be reading 11.4v running. Luckily my friend has a panhead generator that I put in and it works great. Couldn't find anything about running a pan gen. in an ironhead so hoping nothing goes wrong with the charging system. Least of my worries now that I can't get my bike to even turn on, either my battery or keyswitch took a shit on me.

• Like 1

make sure to polarize your generator jordan.

Tried that three or four times at first, too bad it wasn't so simple. Once I got it working I took my old generator apart and it's kind of hard to explain since I don't posses the vocabulary, but the rectangle shaped nut that holds the A terminal screw on inside was turned 90 degrees the wrong way, causing it to rest against the casing. So I thought what was happening was that it was grounding itself out, but once I fixed it still the same thing. The brushes and every thing else looked fine, but once I took it apart more I found some electrical tape holding stuff in place, so I think it was a problem over my head that got fixed before but arose again. I had a friend help that knows 100x more than I do, and we couldn't figure it out.

• Like 1

my bikes been running pretty well, think I have to mess with the carb or something it's not pulling like it used to. I did change the air cleaner so that's hopefully it.

chopper_progress_126_zps3ef58706.jpg

chopper_progress_131_zpsc73d5a3e.jpg

10299547_10202074571329405_1469390987205

just have to put new tail light on, figure out what I'm doing about headlights, and still have to get the front drum on. also not running front brake right now which is fun and all but it doesn't like to stop

• Like 1

$_20.JPG

just found this on my local classifieds for only $1000 Canadian, fuck i wish i didnt live at home

edit: its a 1975 honda 360 twin

0_1358_zoom.jpg

double the headlights, double the fun! prettyyyyy close to being done. tail light is on, have to make a switch for the headlights, and get that front drum on there. then I plan to stop spending money on it. maybe a king and queen someday. and high pipes

• Like 1

feeling that new paint Jay

the camping trip with the broze went well...5 days of drinking and dicking around...we got hailed and snowed on, ran into some pretty shitty and slick mountain roads made of clay and ice...only 3 dumped bikes and one no-fault accident at a gas station resulting in a broken ankle and totaled sporty. Some of you dudes have seen these but here some some shitty regrams to hold you over until the even shittier vimeo comes out:

Vc8Tu37.png

Xz2aPhW.png

IH1JkwA.png

IOHVUd1.png

dXCwfsj.png

2zb6HCv.png

57NHyyY.png

• Like 4

Really dig the double headlights and tank Jay. Your bike looks awesome. What length legs do you have? 8"over or something?

Camping trip sounded a lot more intense then the one I just went on Stefan, those photos are awesome.

I just went camping last weekend. Had a lot of good times and met a lot of awesome people. Main issue was my charging system failing 30 minutes into the ride up to the camping site at a lake about 2 hours away. Long story, but after about 3 or 4 road-side break downs and jump starts/ghetto rigs, we made it up to the lake. I had to ride the entire time with my lights off, and riding through the forest at night, on windy roads I had never been on, in pitch blackness was fucking terrifying. I just had to stay as close to my friends I was riding with as possible. Somehow my battery held a 12v charge the entire ride home, even though the charging system still seemed to be fucked according to meter readings before leaving and when I get home. I still have no idea how it didn't drain one bit.

photo1-4_zps1d3581c0.jpg

photo2-3_zpsb46f1479.jpg

photo3-2_zps65bc98aa.jpg

I just ordered a Cycle Electrics Gen/Reg from lowbrow, I can't fucking wait to get it. Even though I just put a new regulator on, I couldn't be more stoked to take it off.

• Like 1

hell yea...riding in the dark on new roads is bad enough with your light on

motorcycle crew camping is not a bad gig at all, even when things go shitty it's still a blast

• Like 1

thanks, legs are 6 over. I'm now having charging issues too but I think I just toasted my battery. If its not that I'm super tempted to get the cycle electrics, just so hard to afford.

tempted to get this battery-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400412361157?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

but that'll be in the future most likely. want to someday build an oil tank with battery compartment and hide everything in there

little vid I made about the Strange Days giveaway Chopper. thing is so clean and simple

pls dont laugh at this but this bike is in my friends basement and i think im gonna buy it for really cheap. get it running and street legal for ripping around town (pls im a small guy)

Yamaha_GT80_1974.jpg

• Like 1

pls dont laugh at this but this bike is in my friends basement and i think im gonna buy it for really cheap. get it running and street legal for ripping around town (pls im a small guy)

Yamaha_GT80_1974.jpg

Rad!

• Like 1

moto1.jpg

So this is how my honda looked a couple of weeks back. I have been super busy and out of state for a while but I am fixin to be fixin and mixin shit.

First will be the front end. I have a 96 front end from a cr 250 that is a pretty easy add on. Only things that need to be done is cutting new stiffer springs as well as lowering the new forks 4 to 6 inches (will figure that out once everything is on), as well as different bearings to fit the axle of the dirtbike rim into the stock (gold) ascot rim, also some spacers as the rim is a little skinnier and figure out the spacing of the disk.

So far -

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

Front end went on really smoothly. No problems at all only needed to dremel out one of the spacers in the headset.

Will get rid of the adapter for the triple clamps to lower the bars about an inch and a half.

Once this front end is done I will move to the back end and figure out seat options to go with this tank.

that looks good weston

after looking around and reading i think i will be able to do almost everything myself minus the engine part. im good with electronics and cleaning things.

also idk how im gonna get around paying insane insurance. being a 17 year old guy lmao

that looks good weston

after looking around and reading i think i will be able to do almost everything myself minus the engine part. im good with electronics and cleaning things.

also idk how im gonna get around paying insane insurance. being a 17 year old guy lmao

For that bike I couldn't imagine it being over 400 for a whole year of decent insurance.

For that bike I couldn't imagine it being over 400 for a whole year of decent insurance.

really? but even in canada? im not sure how different it would be

really? but even in canada? im not sure how different it would be

get on like progressive and get a quote. I know there are less expensive ones but you shouldn't get shitty insurance because it could save you a ton in the end (if needed)..

• Like 1