SkatePerception
RyanHoj

Micro 4/3 Discussion Thread

I'm just going to take a moment to say how much I love the Lumix 14-140mm. You can get some extremely nice zooms with it fairly easily. And after a few nights of practice, my zooms are looking just as smooth as what you would get with a rocker zoom. The OIS is amazing too, and the wideness and reach are so nice to work with. Favorite lens right now for skating.

i think im going to have to pick one up, the aperture is stepless right?

Mine goes from 4.0 to 5.8 but the flickers are super small.

It's not stepless, but if you set it to f/6.3 it doesn't look bad at all. And I've found that you can easily edit the flickering frames to make them unnoticeable.

And I've found that you can easily edit the flickering frames to make them unnoticeable.

How exactly have you done this?

It's not stepless, but if you set it to f/6.3 it doesn't look bad at all. And I've found that you can easily edit the flickering frames to make them unnoticeable.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?2...14-140-kit-lens

i think it actually is stepless, but only in s mode which has auto ISO

How exactly have you done this?

I just isolate the frame that contain the flicker and adjust the exposure of them to match the before/after frames.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?2...14-140-kit-lens

i think it actually is stepless, but only in s mode which has auto ISO

Woah I had no idea, that's so strange and sort of annoying. Maybe the Ptools guys can find a way to integrate it into manual movie mode.

I just want to see what others are doing but; when you use your 7.5mm fisheye what focus do you have it on for lines? It's strange to me to have to focus to use a fisheye lol. Also what are you thoughts on 60i vs 30p?

I just want to see what others are doing but; when you use your 7.5mm fisheye what focus do you have it on for lines? It's strange to me to have to focus to use a fisheye lol. Also what are you thoughts on 60i vs 30p?

I usually set it just almost at infinity for general use, and if I know I am going to be extremely close I will just distance the camera properly and focus.

I personally prefer 60i's look for skating in general, and it gives you more to work with as for as slow mo goes.

so far i am loving this camera, haven't hacked it yet, but will tomorrow. i wanted to get a good idea of what the image quality was like before i hacked it to see if i can notice the difference straight away. my 28mm f1.9 is a pretty decent standard fast lens, quite sharp, though it could be a bit wider and quicker, but my canon 25mm will solve that problem hopefully. peleng looks damn good on mft's, much cleaner, and still very wide and pretty distorted. nikon nifty fifty is very sharp, and pretty fast, just nicking the telephoto side on the GH2. havent tried out my soligor yet, but i think the macro will be neat to play with, the 28mm focuses pretty darn close, but the 50 minimum distance is about 2 feet i think. also used my 24mm f2.8 that i was told was a T mount lens, it only focused macro on my 550d with my canon adapter, well turns out its an M42 lens! my peleng just happens to be that same mount, so i threw the 24mm on and it has a perfect FOV for me, though the 2.8 leaves much to be desired in terms of speed and DOF.

what hacks is errbody using, just installed flowmotion 1.11, gonna try out the driftwood hack later. anyone use the GH13 timelapser? i think itd be great for time lapse video. Also if you need to use more than one hack when you go out to shoot, just load em up on different SD cards, then format after you install em. obviously you wont be able to go back and switch, but this can be handy if you need to use multiple hacks, and know which ones you're going to be using first.

Anybody on here have an anamorphic lens?? After seeing this video I want to get one so bad. It looks so goooood.

https://vimeo.com/37579907

what hacks is errbody using, just installed flowmotion 1.11, gonna try out the driftwood hack later. anyone use the GH13 timelapser? i think itd be great for time lapse video. Also if you need to use more than one hack when you go out to shoot, just load em up on different SD cards, then format after you install em. obviously you wont be able to go back and switch, but this can be handy if you need to use multiple hacks, and know which ones you're going to be using first.

I'm using the Sanity patch but I slightly modified it. It gives a pretty good IQ improvement to file size ratio in all modes and is extremely stable. 66mb/s in 24p looks simply amazing. I haven't gone any higher than that.

GH13 Timelapser is sick. If you go back a few pages I posted a quick sample I did with it. It works well and is super easy to use! I just wish there was a Mac version so I didn't have to start up VM Ware.

Anybody on here have an anamorphic lens?? After seeing this video I want to get one so bad. It looks so goooood.

https://vimeo.com/37579907

needed more lens flare :D

but anamorphic is pretty sick, I'd love to try it sometime

would love to get my hands on an anamorphic lens, just need to find one i can afford haha. till then, cropping to 2.35:1 will have to do

throwing this up here in case anyone is interested, i know for a fact the TV-16 can be converted to MFT without machining and achieves infinity, and has minimal vignetting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-25mm-f1-4-C-...=item1e6bb39d87

perfect fast, standard prime, hopefully mine turns out to be the same one

someone needs to find a sigma 8mm for cheap to see how it is in the GH2 :goldenwub:

i had an old one lying around from a hi-8 camera, you can take off the stock panasonic one by unscrewing the 2 little screws underneath the EVF, this should give you a more secure area to stretch an eyecup over it. i originally intended to use a large vx1000 eyecup, but realized it would interfere with the LCD. even my current one rubs against it when opening/closing, but its pretty minimal.

This question has probably been asked about 1000 times. I'm gonna ask it anyways. What is a good, inexpensive lens adapter for using a tokina 11-16 2.8 on a gh2? I'm not sure which nikon mount it is.

This question has probably been asked about 1000 times. I'm gonna ask it anyways. What is a good, inexpensive lens adapter for using a tokina 11-16 2.8 on a gh2? I'm not sure which nikon mount it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapter-Nikon-G-AF...=item2a109274a4

im assuming you want the one with aperture control

I don't get how that controls the aperture. Does the little pin push it and that changes the aperture?

there is a lock/unlock ring that you twist like on the peleng 8mm, im guessing its stepless, at least it is on the peleng.

Anyone lurking this thread and looking to buy a GH2 setup, check my sig. ;)