SkatePerception
Alex Donaldson

Best Sub 300 Dollar Setups.

THE ITOUCH/IPHONE 4 SETUP.

at first you may think this is a joke but you will be suprised what footage can put out.

what you will need

I touch 4- $190 new $100-150 used.

Deal Extreme fisheye- $16

Tripod mount case (Tripod works as Handle)-$5

Almost DSLR app $free

OPTIONAL**

External mic.

Theres so many positive aspects to using this. for one you can switch between the HD camera and the SD (facetime) camera.The almost dslr app gives it almost full manual control just like a normal camcorder.

Some good footage

Panasonic GS Series.

These cameras can produce nothing short of great footage. I can say so my self. These are mini DVC/DVX's.

Pros:

Good Colors on Auto

Compact

Mic input (except on gs320)

Easy to get used to

go very cheap

Cons:

Small

Not wide with baby death without spacers.

What you'll need:

Panasonic GS Series Camera $50-200

Century/Opteka Baby Death $50-150*used

A few spacers for more width(optional) $2 each

External Mic (optional) Not available on Gs320 $30-200

Handle (optional) (possibly free?-$30)

Mini DV Tapes $10

Panasonic Sd9

I am pretty sure this is the only Consumer 3chip HD camcorder. It produces nice footage, it is basically a HD Gs series.

Pros:

Full 1080p HD video

3ccd w/ hd (sort of rare in consumer cameras

24p mode

good audio

Cons:

some chromatic abberation w/ a fisheye

no mic input

What youll need:

Panasonic Sd9 $120-250

Baby Death lens $50-150

Handle (optional) $free-30

• Like 2

sp has gone to shit if people are too bum to drop over 300 for a setup.

Agreed, if you want to produce quality videos and footage you have to take care and not be lazy. Save up for that camera you want/need, it's way better than an iphone/ipod

Agreed, if you want to produce quality videos and footage you have to take care and not be lazy. Save up for that camera you want/need, it's way better than an iphone/ipod

this ^

But still, the iphone looks like it would be great for that time you dont want to carry around a whole backpack of gear. it's almost like a Pocket 7d. :)

a lot of people dont want to deal with tapes? and with the i touch it can also be used as an ipod, internet browser, gaming console etc. pretty sure the gs cant do that.

More iphone footage, watch in HD

a lot of people should stop being pussies? and ipod touches and iphones are made to be mp3 players and phones, that means that anything else is gonna be shitty and half done, internet browser is slow as fuck, there are no good games that dont crash in one second etc. gs look so good for the price and in this context, a gs120 with a babydeath is a million times better than an ipod touch as a "sub 300 dollar setup"

a lot of people should stop being pussies? and ipod touches and iphones are made to be mp3 players and phones, that means that anything else is gonna be shitty and half done, internet browser is slow as fuck, there are no good games that dont crash in one second etc. gs look so good for the price and in this context, a gs120 with a babydeath is a million times better than an ipod touch as a "sub 300 dollar setup"

Im gonna add, For me, when i film its really important that it feels like a camcorder.... I dont know why, but thats just the way it is for me.... Also trying to set everything on a small touch screen must be a pain in the ass. Gs120> iphone.... even tho the iphone is pretty nice....

some of us are in bad financial situations at the moment

lol dude no need to get your panties in a bunch, the gs120 runs into problems where the i touch is virtually problem free. it is basically a mini t2i and you can make a handle for it easy. You have to be more creative using the itouch than the GS. Oh and did i add you can edit the footage on it.

holy fuck the iphone 4 sd looks so sick almost like a vx sort of

i wouldnt go that far. but i think ill invest 20 bucks into making my itouch a mini 70d setup :)

that Iphone footage looks kinda washed out too.... Can you set white balance?

its mainly a fucking phone. not everyone has the money for other cameras right now.

this is sooo stupid,there are so much much better setups for around 300.you could get a hv30 for 300$ or trv900/baby death.

You CANNOT get a full HV or TRV setup for 300. some people dont want to deal with tapes or want a lighter load, chill out.

yes you can, and my panties are very un-bunched, ipod touches and iphones are not "the best $300 setup" they are more like, the best mp3/phone camera setup, i have an ipod touch 4th gen and the quality sucks unless everything outside is perfect, normally it looks like crap

lol dude no need to get your panties in a bunch

your the one who is all defense of his shitty thread.

it is basically a mini t2i and you can make a handle for it easy.

its not a mini t2i...

. You have to be more creative using the itouch than the GS. Oh and did i add you can edit the footage on it.

hahahahha what? and Who cares if you can edit footage on it, its basically like using movie maker...

While the iPhone is a cool secondary camera, why try to turn someone away from a way more productive set up like a trv or gs? You might want to learn a few more things before trying to make threads like this, while its great to try and help people, portraying your uneducated opinions as fact doesnt help anyone...

your the one who is all defense of his shitty thread.

its not a mini t2i...

hahahahha what? and Who cares if you can edit footage on it, its basically like using movie maker...

While the iPhone is a cool secondary camera, why try to turn someone away from a way more productive set up like a trv or gs? You might want to learn a few more things before trying to make threads like this, while its great to try and help people, portraying your uneducated opinions as fact doesnt help anyone...

haha whatever floats your boat dude, trv's are better i agree, but you cant get a FULL setup for under 300. This is better than a GS120, for one its wayyyyy more versitile, you can make it look like super 8, have full manual control with AlmostDSLR, tons of good photo apps, You can edit on the phone, hell it may not be amazing but its still pretty sick. The fisheye is fucking wide on the facetime camera. The HD looks super good. If anything its a perfect b roll camera, but if you wnat something compact, easy to use that puts out good footy SD and HD and something that functions as an ipod/phone, game player, internet explorer etc.id go with this.

my point.

edit: i totally left out the OWLE bubo. You can put on 37mm lenses, external mics, has shoe mounts and im pretty sure they make a DOF lens.