SkatePerception
Imbergamo

What Are Your Majors?

I'm at A&M majoring in Bio-med engineering...but as of next semester it'll be architectural engineering. so glad i decided to switch before i took O-chem lol

Intern while in school...work your ass off, get hired or referred.

If all else fails, there are ALWAYS jobs in China.

Double majoring in film and political science. I only have one more semester left and I'm ready to get the fuck out of here.

Photo major over here. I'm putting all my eggs in this basket, so that i dont have any choice but to succeed haha

You rule dude, backup plans are for pussies.

I've never had a backup plan for any major decision I've made. Stuff always works out.

It's simple, I don't have a life outside the architecture and BA building. I have a studio class every semester and just this semester killed me. I think I have had like 14 hours of sleep since last monday working on my final project (and studying for other finals) for the semester.

I mean, I don't have a life outside of my studio space either and that's me with 1 major (18 credit hours a semester). I still don't get how you're doing it.

Gotta love those last weeks leading up to final crit, when 2 hours of sleep is a fucking God-send and everyone in the studio is wearing the same clothes they were wearing 4 days ago...

Good luck with your final project, knock the critics dead.

anybody here going to medical school or plan on it?

maybe

anybody here going to medical school or plan on it?

always wanted to go into the medical field at heart. How hard are pre-med programs? Like, at an average school. I'd be motivated enough but would all the work be worth it?

Choose something else if you have a sliver of doubt about pre-med. No one half-asses their way into med school, maybe D.O., but not M.D.

really most pre-med programs are close to if not identical to a bio program. don't kid yourself, you're not going to be taking many, if any medical like courses in college for the most part. lots of chemistry, lots of bio, thats what it is really. you basically need to maintain a high gpa. I mean, i had language of medicine which deals with (obviously) medical terminology. but that was an elective. Otherwise, sometimes you get medical stuff as practical applications for bio clases, i did in physiology and microbiology. I think nursing majors might have more medical stuff, but they have a surprising lack of bio stuff. Lots of the nursing majors just take intro to bio part1 (a 207) and then go to microbiology and pathophysiology... and don't do well in them cause they barely had bio.

i don't know, it's complicated.

Econ major with a possible double major or minor is spanish. I'm also thinking about some sort of business management double major or communications.

Choose something else if you have a sliver of doubt about pre-med. No one half-asses their way into med school, maybe D.O., but not M.D.

This. My dad is a doctor and is highly respected. Didn't do pre-med, has a major in history and english and just decided he wanted to be a doctor. I work at his office and D.O.s are like the people who want u to know that they're in medicine. While most M.D.s I've encountered are more humble about their achievements and just enjoying saving lives on the daily.....bro!

thanks for the advice haha. Makes sense i guess

Major- Arts (photography)

Minor- Journalism

Hoping to transfer to SF State, if not there then maybe Humboldt State.

major- photography

minor- either psychology/literature

or I'm just going to drop out after I take my photo classes (which haven't begun because I'm doing b.s. classes this semester) because I don't really care

Mathematics major, transferring to either University of North Florida or Florida State next semester. Decisions decisions.

I'm looking at the Masters Brewing Program at UC-Davis. I will be taking a few chem and bio pre-reqs at a local school before I really decide to take the plunge.

Go with FSU

Haha do you go there? If yes, what's your major/what's the campus like? I don't want to make a biased decision, I honestly haven't toured the grounds or anything but I have been to Tallahassee. But thus far I'm sort of leaning towards UNF, mostly for stability. I already live in Jacksonville and know the place like the back of my hand. I feel like college is a pretty important time frame in my life and don't really want to fuck it up, so going to school in a place that I'm already comfortable with with people im already comfortable with just ensures one less thing to worry about while I'm in school. I don't know though, I guess I can reevaluate my decision once I tour the campus once I know for sure I've gotten accepted.

Well the campus is awesome. I've never been to Jacksonville so I don't know how it would compare. I like it better than UM's, FIU's, and UCF's. Tied with UF's campus but they have different styles. A lot of our buildings have that old red brick feel, which is cool for me coming from Miami. Lots of Seminole this and that everywhere. Youd probably figure out where everything important is in the first week. Idk if you care about the parties, but every weekend is awesome. A lot of DJs come perform. True college is important. Its a time to branch out and new people, get the whole college town experience. Theres a bunch of opportunities to learn something new, make friends and do shit you're already interested in(clubs, organizations, internships, free classes...). The orientation and tour people can give a way better pitch than me. If you can afford moving out, take advantage of it; just make sure to focus on school along with all the other things. My major is Civil/environmental engineering btw

edit: Oh also we are pretty decent at sports

Tallahassee has a decent park. I used to go there a couple times a year for skating and chilling with the local homies. FSU campus basically takes up the entire town. It's pretty cool. I applied there for grad school, but it isn't my top pick. I just don't really like that town too much, as far as living there. But the school is pretty good.