SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
LEIFER

Canon T2i Large Files Final Cut Pro

Hey so I just got a T2i and Im new to filming/ editing. I downloaded a final cut pro X torrent and installed it. But when I import clips from my iPhoto into Final cut, I cant watch or see my footage. When I click play I can hear the audio but the screen is black. Also when I watch the footage in my iPhoto its laggy. Ive been shooting my videos on the RAW+L settings. Any suggestions? Should I change the quality settings or will it lower the qaulity? i dont want to have ghetto looking vids. Thanks!

p.s. what programs should I download for editing other than final cut?

Hey so I just got a T2i and Im new to filming/ editing. I downloaded a final cut pro X torrent and installed it. But when I import clips from my iPhoto into Final cut, I cant watch or see my footage. When I click play I can hear the audio but the screen is black. Also when I watch the footage in my iPhoto its laggy. Ive been shooting my videos on the RAW+L settings. Any suggestions? Should I change the quality settings or will it lower the qaulity? i dont want to have ghetto looking vids. Thanks!

p.s. what programs should I download for editing other than final cut?

Don't import into iPhoto. My tip is import into a folder for your clips somewhere on your computer, then when you open final cut, click import files and find the clips. For the settings, I'm no expert, but my videos come out fine and I shoot on L (the first option); you don't have to change the frame rate and if you're shooting in 1080p or 720p and such. Make sure that when you're importing, look on your desktop or in your devices tab, and find your formatted card which should have the name "EOS DIGITAL" or something like that. Then Click on the top folder, click on the folder inside that folder, then find all of the .mov files and drag those into the folder you want to import to. And as for any other programs, just use Final Cut for your main editor and use Adobe After Effects for your other effects and such.

By the way, any talk of illegitimately acquiring software isn't allowed on here, so be wary of that.