SkatePerception
kyrannnF

Cinema / Filmmaking Netjiot

Would this work if I wanted to plug in a shotgun mic and a lavalier mic (both 3.5mm inputs) to my t3i at the same time and record more than one source of audio?

If both of your audio sources have unbalanced outputs it will work fine, but if you're using a shotgun mic and lav receiver that have XLR outs you'll want an XLR adapter box.

Do you guys usually use your skate setup for cinematography stuff?

Yeah. I only have one setup. I use my t3i, opteka handke and røde mic quite a bit for a run and gun setup amd usually just leave my camera on my handle even when i have it on A tripod. It really feels soild. i use all the same lenses too.

New Website, New Reel. Check it out dewds.

NicholasIngramDoP@gmail.com

• Like 1

Any interest in seeing some skating clips shot with the Ursa? I can send the original files too if any one is really interested.

It's all 4K (really just UHD but pretty close) Prores 422 HQ 80fps.

i just realised iv been getting shitty line skipping for the last 2 years -.- i hate my life.

thanks to timfok though, im fucking off to 1080 30p and down sampling to 720 from now on

Im needing to get schooled in DSLR film making picture control settings for nikons,

I got some jive turkey youtube settings like at the moment but need help understanding it…

cheers

Damn, where did you get one?

From a rental house. We were shooting a commercial and wanted to do some testing the day before.

Black Magic Ursa skateboarding footy for you dweebs

What are your thoughts on it? A bunch of film kids from my school have been buying them and using them for projects. I have been against BM because the footage they put out has been shit, but it also could have been because these rich kids don't know how to properly use a camera.

What are your thoughts and concerns/would you rent it again?

What are your thoughts on it? A bunch of film kids from my school have been buying them and using them for projects. I have been against BM because the footage they put out has been shit, but it also could have been because these rich kids don't know how to properly use a camera.

What are your thoughts and concerns/would you rent it again?

Kids at your school have been buying $5k cameras to use them for their projects? Or, do you mean Black Magic's other cameras. The Ursa is very heavy and has a lot of bugs, but has more features than any other camera for the price. I'm hoping to rent the Ursa mini soon and see how it compares. The 4.6K mini is on my radar for next year.

Kids at your school have been buying $5k cameras to use them for their projects? Or, do you mean Black Magic's other cameras. The Ursa is very heavy and has a lot of bugs, but has more features than any other camera for the price. I'm hoping to rent the Ursa mini soon and see how it compares. The 4.6K mini is on my radar for next year.

Kids at my school are spending $5k on cameras. I go to a private school on Long Island so theres a lot of money going around. I've never been a fan of black magic cameras, but like I said, I'm going strictly off of selects I've seen from my classes.

Can anyone give me some info on RAW with the 5d? I guess I just don't understand it really.

Basically magic lantern lets you take a super quick sequence of 2 or so megapixel raw 14bit pictures that have no compression. It takes up a giant amount of file space but gives you a cleaner image with more dynamic range and flexibility in post for color grading