SkatePerception
kyrannnF

Cinema / Filmmaking Netjiot

I have been working on a lot of commercial and non-profit stuff over the past year and right now I am trying to just create films of my own. It is definitely a lot of time and effort to try to get people together and actually produce a whole film (a hell of a lot more effort than going out and skating with friends I must say :) ) but I think the end product is worth it. Recently I have been going solo and getting a bit experimental, but I soon plan on working on a narrative with a few friends and a crew.

stills from my recent projects:

1zwd8j9.jpg

bfxg.png

Anyone else currently working on some solo projects?

Word! That's what I've been trying to get started on for awhile, just really hard to find people that are interested in helping out/acting, and I don't know about you, but I don't have much of a budget and always find myself limited in a lot of ways. But those stills look fr3$h, I'm excited to see what you come up with!

I have been working on a lot of commercial and non-profit stuff over the past year and right now I am trying to just create films of my own. It is definitely a lot of time and effort to try to get people together and actually produce a whole film (a hell of a lot more effort than going out and skating with friends I must say :) ) but I think the end product is worth it. Recently I have been going solo and getting a bit experimental, but I soon plan on working on a narrative with a few friends and a crew.

stills from my recent projects:

1zwd8j9.jpg

bfxg.png

Anyone else currently working on some solo projects?

Those stills look great. You do your own grading too?

I have campusmoviefest coming up soon, i did it last year and made it into the runner ups but i have no idea what to shoot this year. I cant come up with anything, any of you guys want to help me out? If someone can give me a 2 sentence plot line that i work off of ill credit you hahahah

What are the requirements and/or limitations? Is there a theme?

Just wanted to post in case some of you didn't know.

Red Tails is shot on the 7D and 1D Mark IV.

Red Tails was amazing.. Looking forward to seeing Act Of Valor too.. I know he used some DSLR stuff in that as well.

- Behind the scenes

- Trailer

He also used real rounds in the guns which is pretty nutty.. http://youtu.be/oD7j4vmWHi0?hd=1

Word! That's what I've been trying to get started on for awhile, just really hard to find people that are interested in helping out/acting, and I don't know about you, but I don't have much of a budget and always find myself limited in a lot of ways. But those stills look fr3$h, I'm excited to see what you come up with!

We should do on a GV PSA hahaha

I'm in pre-production for my 3min "movie" for Cambridge AS program.I will be working a lot on most of the shots and hopefully it won't take more than 1 day to film the whole thing.

Red Tails was amazing.. Looking forward to seeing Act Of Valor too.. I know he used some DSLR stuff in that as well.

- Behind the scenes

- Trailer

He also used real rounds in the guns which is pretty nutty.. http://youtu.be/oD7j4vmWHi0?hd=1

jesus christ.

thats so crazy.

I have to see that

65utR.jpg

A frame from a short-ish video i'm working on ATM. Hopefully I'll have it finished in the next week or two.

7D/1D was C-Cam on Red Tails. Only about 5 % will be DSLR!

Thanks! Yeah I usually budget about $30 for each film haha, I just think of some random cheap props and make a film around them, you always get interesting stuff to work with.

Those stills look great. You do your own grading too?

Thanks, yeah I usually just do some quick adjustments in final cut, usually just in the 3 way color corrector. I love throwing off the blacks to give it a blown out look

Should this be pinned? I have a feeling it's going to be used a lot.

I think we should let it sit for a week or 2, and if it doesn't go off the page, pin it.

I'm kind of curious what lenses people are using for short films and such. Mostly nice primes, or are some people shooting on like zooms with IS and what not?

I'm kind of curious what lenses people are using for short films and such. Mostly nice primes, or are some people shooting on like zooms with IS and what not?

I shoot a 24-105 as a primary lens. I love it so much, its on my camera 90% of the time. Just sold my 70-200 because I just wasn't using a lens that was worth that much money to make it worthwhile. I do need to get a couple of primes in the future (85 1.8, 135 2)

+1 for 24-105 L. Amazing lens. Not great for cropped bodies though.

What?! Man, fuck rumors! Where's the real info?

Where did you hear that it was shot entirely on DSLRs?

+1 for 24-105 L. Amazing lens. Not great for cropped bodies though.

Where did you hear that it was shot entirely on DSLRs?

More infos : http://philipbloom.net/2010/05/12/redtails/

"Now I need to make this clear, the idea was not having the Canon as the A or B camera but to be used for extra angles (as we could sneak in almost anywhere)"

Well I knew they weren't the A cameras, but I thought they were used for more than extra shots. Oh well. Still sick!

Starting on a short web series soon. If anyone saw that little bullshit video I posted about a month ago, that was initially going to be the trailer for it, introducing the character; but after we uploaded it, we had decided we weren't going to do the series, so we just left it up. Now we've decided to actually do the series in episodes, so we just renamed it as the trailer.

Synopsis:

"Colt" follows a recently orphaned, seventeen year-old named Cole. Having a mother with a CIA background and a father from the US Army, Cole has been trained in the ways of self-defense. After the murder of his parents by an unknown assailant, he is forced to live in hiding; but now, that secrecy stands to be outed when a turn of events thrust Cole into a downward spiral and into the crosshairs.

6792778121_151a312509_b.jpg