SkatePerception
kyrannnF

Cinema / Filmmaking Netjiot

Starting on a short web series soon. If anyone saw that little bullshit video I posted about a month ago, that was initially going to be the trailer for it, introducing the character; but after we uploaded it, we had decided we weren't going to do the series, so we just left it up. Now we've decided to actually do the series in episodes, so we just renamed it as the trailer.

Synopsis:

"Colt" follows a recently orphaned, seventeen year-old named Cole. Having a mother with a CIA background and a father from the US Army, Cole has been trained in the ways of self-defense. After the murder of his parents by an unknown assailant, he is forced to live in hiding; but now, that secrecy stands to be outed when a turn of events thrust Cole into a downward spiral and into the crosshairs.

F**K YEAH!! I'm glad to be apart of the team that will make this happen!

Wooo, I haven't been on SP in weeks and now there's a cinema section!

Just wrapped a feature and a short film, starting up another feature in March. Music videos and corporate spots in the meantime :)

• Like 1

F**K YEAH!! I'm glad to be apart of the team that will make this happen!

Right on!

Wooo, I haven't been on SP in weeks and now there's a cinema section!

Word

Wasn't Seabiscuit filmed in like '03? How were they using a camera that was released in '09?

EDIT: @KyranFord

• Like 1

Wasn't Seabiscuit filmed in like '03? How were they using a camera that was released in '09?

EDIT: @KyranFord

Great point. After further research, it was only Secretariat. They used it for vantage points of the horses while racing.

Man, there's so much faulty information floating around. :)

Edit: Post edited.

I'm working on a scenario right now to film it next year in production class, this will be my first personal project. Pretty hyped about this.

I'm also supposed to start helping writhing a scenario for a full length movie project planning for the next 4 years, I'm also on the crew as a DP.

Other then that I'm filming corpo for a living, our company just finished the promo for a big snowboard competition in Canada called the Ride Shakedown and we will be covering the event, doing a recap for the web, along side the biggest television provider (also the biggest com. company) called Videotron (Quebecor Media).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbIDIN3P3N8

http://www.video4d.com/en/index.php

just a thought, but we should have a skateperception-cinemafest, like DVXfests, where there are guidelines for a video contest and themes and whatnot. I'd be more likely to enter one of those than a DVXuser one, some of those guys are crazy good filmmakers

just a thought, but we should have a skateperception-cinemafest, like DVXfests, where there are guidelines for a video contest and themes and whatnot. I'd be more likely to enter one of those than a DVXuser one, some of those guys are crazy good filmmakers

I'd love to enter this if my friends weren't so slack!

I think it is a really good idea, would like to enter in one of those

That's a great idea! I'd be down to "operate" it if you guys wanna do that! We could do it here kind of how the filming assignments are. One of the mods runs the assignments and other members enter, then there are voting sessions. Who's in?

I also saw Red Tails last night. So good!

glad the idea isn't shit! :)

I'm in, if I can get some homies/my brother/some hobos to cooperate that'd be good too, if not, solo film!

That's a great idea, it would really get some creative juices flowing! I'm down

Fuck it, I'm down. I need to film other stuff than skating and make an actual video that I'm not forced to by result of a project or something.

We should have assignments like best dolly shots, best use of follow focusing, best back lighting, etc... Maybe not those exact i'm just trying to get the ideas flowing.