SkatePerception
kyrannnF

Cinema / Filmmaking Netjiot

We should have assignments like best dolly shots, best use of follow focusing, best back lighting, etc... Maybe not those exact i'm just trying to get the ideas flowing.

that would work or take it a step further and do like best drama/comedy/action short

that would work or take it a step further and do like best drama/comedy/action short

yeah, it would be best video of the selected genre/theme and maybe some other achievements that we could throw in.

yeah, it would be best video of the selected genre/theme and maybe some other achievements that we could throw in.

i like that. My friend had an assignment called visual intensity where the film had to increase in intensity until the very end. I think that would be a fun one.

Are we talking about a skate film or just any kind of film in general?

Narrative films.

We should have assignments like best dolly shots, best use of follow focusing, best back lighting, etc... Maybe not those exact i'm just trying to get the ideas flowing.

Woah! I really like that idea. Can't believe that didn't slip through my head when thinking about the filming assignments. If you guys want, I can talk to Steve about adding a subforum for assignments, and I'd be down to run them for us. Then within the assignments section, we can have the actual online film festivals anywhere from once to four times per year.

How does that sound?

could you pick out the DSLR footage haha

I kind of payed close attention to B-roll and there were a few zoom shots that resembled DSLRs. I'm guessing they were the shots with those L zooms...

I also went and saw The Grey last weekend and the scenes in the beginning at the oil camp resembled DSLR footage. I'm not saying they were, because I don't know; they just looked similar.

We could have little achievements like the Oscars. Best actor, actress, cinematography, music/score , audio/sound, editing, compositing, etc.

Oh sweet. This thread should stick around, I'd be here more often if it was haha.

Gonna revamp my setup here soon. Gonna snag a new Imac 27' i7, and a new desk.

Turn a spare room into an office and get to work.

You know what's a real pain? Sound design. I just can't wrap my brain around how to create broader sounds. Anyone have any experience with this?

Oh sweet. This thread should stick around, I'd be here more often if it was haha.

Alright. Pinned.

im down for the assignments!

id be down to give it a shot as well. but more than likely ill end up not entering. lol

AlG7aDDCMAANEmN.jpg

Did fake rain tests tonight for my new reel. You can kind of see it in the blind shadows from this screen grab, it's much more prevalent in the video however. Shot on a 5Dmkii 50mm f1.4

So I am going to start shooting a video for a church to send out to corporations so they can get grants to build a community center. I had a meeting with the people today, but the guy who handles the budget was busy or something, so I am meeting with him friday. They want me to make a 5-10 minute video with all the stuff they do plus interviews and all that jazz.. I'm not sure really how much is a fair amount to charge for the video. They are essentially going to be receiving millions of dollars because of it.

What is a fair price to ask for the video?

So I am going to start shooting a video for a church to send out to corporations so they can get grants to build a community center. I had a meeting with the people today, but the guy who handles the budget was busy or something, so I am meeting with him friday. They want me to make a 5-10 minute video with all the stuff they do plus interviews and all that jazz.. I'm not sure really how much is a fair amount to charge for the video. They are essentially going to be receiving millions of dollars because of it.

What is a fair price to ask for the video?

That's completely up to you mate. Break it down to costs... how much do you hire yourself out and at? How long is it going to take you to edit? what equipment are you going to hire in?

That's completely up to you mate. Break it down to costs... how much do you hire yourself out and at? How long is it going to take you to edit? what equipment are you going to hire in?

We agreed on $500 which I think was fair for the time I'm putting into it. I need to make a contract for it, do you know of a website that has examples or something like that I can use?

We agreed on $500 which I think was fair for the time I'm putting into it. I need to make a contract for it, do you know of a website that has examples or something like that I can use?

wow that doesn't seem like much. I shot a commercial for a carpet business locally that took me about 30 minutes to film and about the same to edit and I made $500 off of it and was offered much more. This is an expensive industry and people know that. If it is your first "professional" job then any work is great though to get you off your feet!

wow that doesn't seem like much. I shot a commercial for a carpet business locally that took me about 30 minutes to film and about the same to edit and I made $500 off of it and was offered much more. This is an expensive industry and people know that. If it is your first "professional" job then any work is great though to get you off your feet!

It's my first real paid shoot, which is why I am happy with it. Hoping it will help me get my work out there and have get more work to do!