SkatePerception

Sorry for the downtime and all of the other BS. Things haven't been going as smooth as planned and I'm sure it's far from being over. I'm doing what I can to keep this place chugging, so hang in there.

• Like 4

any chance we can get the og sp background back? missin it.

Was confused as fuck when I logged back in for the first time in a few months...Glad to see this place hasn't totally disappeared. much :rolleyes: staying true to my SP roots.

I do apologize for the eyesore that is the broken avatars. I just threw in a support ticket for those guys to figure out.

Please be patient with the lag for now, the drive array in this new server just can't keep up. I'm currently looking for colocation space so I can buy my own server, throw some SSD's in and call it a day. Chasing a few leads right now. Just in the meantime try to deal with the annoyance.

Update. I just purchased a server and a paid of SSD drives, renting servers clearly isn't going to work any longer. I'm in talks with somebody in Raleigh where I may be able to get it fired up and on the innawebs this weekend.

I can assure everybody that getting this place running stable again is my #1 priority.

Kinda diggin the new look, only thing I miss is the view new posts button. Much Appreciation!

Kinda diggin the new look, only thing I miss is the view new posts button. Much Appreciation!

There's a view new content button above that is much more comprehensive, especially because it can show you just topics you've participated in previously. It may not currently work as I have a lot of extra features turn off in order to help things run a little better until I have a final solution in place.

I'm diggin the new changes although i liked the old layout. I'd be up to donate a few bucks to a paypal for the site. I know I owe a bunch from all the knowledge i've soaked in through the time i've been here. I know hosting and server's aint that cheap so i got you if you need any.

• Like 2

I'm diggin the new changes although i liked the old layout. I'd be up to donate a few bucks to a paypal for the site. I know I owe a bunch from all the knowledge i've soaked in through the time i've been here. I know hosting and server's aint that cheap so i got you if you need any.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it. Actually a lot of people have been offering to help out which shouldn't be necessary just yet. Right now SP is the cheapest it has been to maintain since early 2005. Which makes me stoked now that I'm not held hostage to having to run shitty ads in order to keep the lights on. To put things in perspective, now that the hardware has been purchased outright instead of being leased the monthly bill this month is 1/8th than it was last month. And that's pretty cool.

I know the layout change probably isn't settling well with people, the last one was in place for almost 5 years and that's a lot to shove on people. Facebook probably changes every 12 months and even that is bad enough.

Coming soon: SkatePerception Timeline

yeh the site looks really good, nice one.

can i ask what 'warning points' are? it says i have "1 warning point" by my name?

can i ask what 'warning points' are? it says i have "1 warning point" by my name?

I think it's just your points. I'm not sure though.

Yeah, it's how the new stuff interpreted the past "points" system. It was originally a warning system that we flipped as a positive points system for warm fuzzies. I still have to figure out what we're doing with that.

I like the mobile view, using the site on my iPhone is so sick now. Thank you for all the hard work, I think more of my posting will be on my phone now that there is a mobile layout haha.

• Like 1

I like the mobile view, using the site on my iPhone is so sick now. Thank you for all the hard work, I think more of my posting will be on my phone now that there is a mobile layout haha.

yeah, I'm digging it too. Even the normal version plays better on mobile devices. I actually find myself on here a lot more than before.

anyone experiencing the site to be very slow?

Not anymore, no.

anyone experiencing the site to be very slow?

Actually there's a process that has been going batshit, I'll try to figure it out shortly.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.