SkatePerception
DEDASKATE

Mac Virsus Spyware Protection And Up-Keeping.

As the title suggest...do any of yall use any programs to keep your mac up and prevent/remove all the spyware, viruses, malware,etc...etc.

Feel free to suggest some good programs.

Nope. That stuff is all a waste so don't even bother with it. The only people who I would suggest to use it would be for doctors or anyone else who deals with a lot of people's personal information. I've been using Macs for years and have never even seen a virus even when working for Apple.

• Like 1

The chances of you getting a virus on a Mac are slim to none. Like Tim said, there are literally no viruses for Mac.

There has only ever been one confirmed Mac Virus (it was a couple months ago actually), and it only got out to around 600K computers, if I recall correctly.

I use "CleanMyMac" to delete all the temporary crap that your computer stores. Scan my computer once about every few months and I delete like 500MB of stuff.

I use "CleanMyMac" to delete all the temporary crap that your computer stores. Scan my computer once about every few months and I delete like 500MB of stuff.

That's about .5gb of stuff that your computer uses for things like "history" on your browser or application information. Personally I wouldn't allow a program to do that if you really wanted to remove that stuff. I can almost guarantee that CleanMyMac has some sort of spyware attached to it and is probably saving more "temporary crap" to your computer than it is getting rid of. Congrats.