SkatePerception
TuneBomb

Random Photo Discussion

suhapi.gif

This is the new rpd. 42000 post threads slow the site down.

• Like 31

Haha Julien...

Had a long talk with sports illustrated and Time magazine photographer Bill Frakes today about how obsolete film is. I guess it's easy to say that shooting film is a ridiculous notion when you have unlimited access to Nikon cameras and Nikkor lenses. Learned a lot of cool stuff from him though check his portfolio out http://billfrakes.com/main.php#/PORTFOLIO/Faces/1

Huh, cool I guess. Well, I failed the test in London for the university in Finland...bummed out of my mind.

842cbc60a8e211e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

This thing is now a paper weight permanently so I'm selling my lenses and buying a D700. Uh oh.

ps. (anyone need a 150mm cf t*?)

• Like 1

damn that thing is chrome.

my subconscious drove me here: I have a roll of film I need to develop.

sent out my Contax G2 to KEH repair, hopefully it'll be repaired soon.

whooaaaa though, RPD v2.0, weird

RPD 2.0? I got hit in the face with a soccer ball, and my viewfinder eye is swollen. Photographer problems.

• Like 1

Good timing on v.2 Julien. I guess I'm more or less done with college as of last night. Still have one more exam in a couple weeks but it should be chill. Moving out of my apartment in a few hours, hopefully before my hangover sets in as I slept only like three hours last night after going out to Distortion Festival in Copenhagen. Borrowed a GF1 on Wednesday to take some shots for Girls are Awesome, first time trying to shoot non-dslr digital and I didn't like it at all :( So then I just shot the rest on my stylus epic and had a great time not knowing how any of the photos turned out.

So from here out I won't have a real place to live until fall, ramblin' on all summer.

• Like 1

This thing is now a paper weight permanently so I'm selling my lenses and buying a D700. Uh oh.

ps. (anyone need a 150mm cf t*?)

What happened?

Edit:

Now more hyped than ever to shoot. I've got a shit load of film, and I've got a bulk roll of hp5 coming with 20 other black and white 400 rolls on the way so I can start bulk loading and shooting a lot more.

• Like 1

Plan on hiking a few miles with my 4x5 tomorrow, my pack makes a pretty good fit for everything hoping it isn't gonna suck. Finally going to use the damn thing, there hard to get out of the door aha.

i got a new bag that is 2x bigger than my old one and it is already like 110% full

fuh

I'm having drying issues with my color negatives.

I don't know if different films dry better than others, but for some reason the last 3 rolls of Kodak Gold 400 that I've shot have had major residue left behind even after using photoflo. I've never had this problem with Portra. I even mixed a new batch of chemicals thinking maybe they were getting too old, but still streaks everywhere, even after a second wash/photoflo.

sup guys?

EDIT: @beach bum, use distilled water with your photoflo etc. cuts down alot on streaks. you should use distilled water for every chemical in a perfect world. but it doesn't always happen.

EDIT: @beach bum, use distilled water with your photoflo etc. cuts down alot on streaks. you should use distilled water for every chemical in a perfect world. but it doesn't always happen.

I'll give it a try. It's weird cause it doesn't happen with the Portra, just the Gold.

And thanks for resending those prints. I got them yesterday and they look great!

Plan on hiking a few miles with my 4x5 tomorrow, my pack makes a pretty good fit for everything hoping it isn't gonna suck. Finally going to use the damn thing, there hard to get out of the door aha.

Pick up a hiking backpack with the hip straps and everything. Makes all of the difference in the world.

I need to buy some developing supplies. My collection of exposed rolls of black and white is growing quickly.

I was so fucking confused why RPD was closed. I just kept refreshing it.

Got moved in to my new place, pretty stoked on it, but I have so much fucking unpacking to do. Pro tip, don't buy too many cameras. I can't find any of my shit cause its spread across like twenty boxes.

• Like 3

RIP RPD I remember when bayko gave birth to you :(

Psyched on photography/life at the moment. Mamiya 7 is the coolest camera ever and it's almost summer. Also, hoarding all of my pictures to make a zine hopefully in the near future.

Someone check out my street photos!

Here's all the photos i took with that M2-R. First try at a camera/shooting like this. Thanks!

http://cargocollecti...hoto/Leica-M2-R

Good shit man. you should just buy a leica rather then that 35TI.

Just rolled 100FT of film, going to the city to photograph the drunks and this festival. summers been great so far.