SkatePerception
TuneBomb

Random Photo Discussion

How many do you have?

I'm not sure whether to go for a 50mm, 40mm or 35mm. I'm comfortable with a 50mm, but I'm thinking something slightly wider might be nice. The 40mm is the one I'm most inclined to get, as it's not that far from a 50mm.

Damn, at least you have a really good looking paperweight.

I have two, a stupid valuable 35mm summicron I never use, and a balling as fuck straight and sharp to the edge 40 cron I fucking love.

HAha hell yeah! I still have one tucked away for you tunebomb.

RIGHT! I have so many things to do! I'm scanning new negs some night this week and I will be making a thread soon!

• Like 1

I'm sending back the Hexar AF. I took a chance on an UG condition one, and while it's not awful, it's worse than I wanted. So now I'm thinking of grabbing a Ricoh GR-1v. Anyone have an opinion on these?

I finally realized that what I want is a pocketable step up from the Stylus Epic. I love the Epic, but I'd like to have exposure control when I want it, and while the Epic's lens is good, I'm looking for something that's better.

I'm sending back the Hexar AF. I took a chance on an UG condition one, and while it's not awful, it's worse than I wanted. So now I'm thinking of grabbing a Ricoh GR-1v. Anyone have an opinion on these?

I finally realized that what I want is a pocketable step up from the Stylus Epic. I love the Epic, but I'd like to have exposure control when I want it, and while the Epic's lens is good, I'm looking for something that's better.

If you're ok with a lens that wide then I think its pretty much the only real alternative to an Epic as far as pocketability goes. Everything else like the 35ti, minilux, T2, AFM35, are all just a bit too big to comfortably fit in a pocket.

If you're ok with a lens that wide then I think its pretty much the only real alternative to an Epic as far as pocketability goes. Everything else like the 35ti, minilux, T2, AFM35, are all just a bit too big to comfortably fit in a pocket.

Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I came to. I've never shot a 28mm before, but I do find myself wanting more scene from the Epic from time to time, so I'll take a chance on it. From what I've read it has little distortion, so that helps as well. Thanks for the input.

http://www.apocalyps...s/jack-matisse/

Crazy amount of realism. I wasn't sure I was going to go with him since hes a portrait artist mostly, but then I saw the work he did on that tonearm and knew he would be dope.

Oh man, this guy's stuff is great. The Tiananmen Square one is so sick.

just come out to portland. i'm living the dream smashing bottles, smashing coping, and smashing tang. chasing strippers around my apartment on the weekends. did lines of molly off portland's 2 time stripper of the year's vag this weekend. no joke. doing zoobomb in the pouring rain, piss drunk, pissing my pants on little girls bikes. come on out

who are you be my friend

• Like 3

Am I in it? And I'm pretty sure blurb raised their prices, unless you raised the pagecount.

Pagecount mostly yeah but I think they might have...

Next years I want to be shorter, though it's rad how big this year's is.

Pagecount mostly yeah but I think they might have...

Next years I want to be shorter, though it's rad how big this year's is.

Sweet! Will we be able to preview it like in the past, or does that come later?

Sweet! Will we be able to preview it like in the past, or does that come later?

Preview is only on for the old ones.

Enter in the promo code 'HAPPYTHOUGHTS' on Blurb to save 20% (but limited to $20) off your purchase

Edit: Only works if your order total meets a certain requirement (it works if you buy at least 2 softcover SP books!)

Finally getting off my lazy ass and applying to some colleges tomorrow including SVA, Columbia, SAIC, FIT, SCAD, Pratt, RISD, Parson, CCS, SFAI, Ryerson, OCAD and NSCAD.

Any other places I should apply?

Just worried because of my rather low high school GPA (1.9) that i won't get accepted into most of these places. So just being open minded and checking a lot of schools out.

sfai acceptance rate is like 99.6 precent

Join in the fall lets go.

fuck that place

\

There is also CCA in Oakland (super cool campus, don't know much about the school itself). I'd check out pasadena art center too

It's kind of a trip because CCA is allot more expensive then Art Center is almost 2 grand but half the reputation Art Center holds. I've been to the art center campus and its really nice, there darkroom is probably bigger then most of are houses. I think nick white mentioned something about this but if you plan on messing around with other mediums it wont be supported as much if you went to CCA. Sick school though if your 100% sure you want to shoot commercial type work, other school to consider is CalARts rad place shitty location. Either way will all end up being in debt for a really long time for something we could learn on are own.

Finally getting off my lazy ass and applying to some colleges tomorrow including SVA, Columbia, SAIC, FIT, SCAD, Pratt, RISD, Parson, CCS, SFAI, Ryerson, OCAD and NSCAD.

Any other places I should apply?

Just worried because of my rather low high school GPA (1.9) that i won't get accepted into most of these places. So just being open minded and checking a lot of schools out.

Concordia, and where Donald goes maybe? SUNY I think?

Everyone should come hang out in Canada with Julien, Curtis n I. We can eat smoked meat!

Ivan, you could go to school in Dawson City. They've got an art school.