SkatePerception
TuneBomb

Random Photo Discussion

Need a little help since I haven't kept up-to-date with the camera market. I'm heading to China for a year in September and want to buy a digital camera that's quite compact (need to be as discrete as possible when shooting there just in case). I'd love something like an x-pro but I can't afford it. Do any of you know of a good little digital camera with interchangeable lenses or a proper fixed lens with manny focus that is less expensive than those? Much love to whoever helps me out!!

Need a little help since I haven't kept up-to-date with the camera market. I'm heading to China for a year in September and want to buy a digital camera that's quite compact (need to be as discrete as possible when shooting there just in case). I'd love something like an x-pro but I can't afford it. Do any of you know of a good little digital camera with interchangeable lenses or a proper fixed lens with manny focus that is less expensive than those? Much love to whoever helps me out!!

used x100, used s100/s90, used olympus pen

edit for dumb fucking question but i just had this thought reading the fast sync thread, what if we had flashes that instead of 'flashing' they were just on? like you hit a switch and they stay on for like two seconds or whatever so you can be shooting at 1/10000000 and it'll still be lit or whatever? Right? I suppose they wouldn't be called flashes but whatever, intermittent lighting system or something. I mean I get this is probably impossible because otherwise someone would have done it by now but seriously, why is this not possible? I'll show myself out.

There's this one camera I'm always hearing about. It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite place it . . . Surely someone else has heard of such a camera.

• Like 6

so you can be shooting at 1/10000000 and it'll still be lit or whatever?

lol u crazy

just get floodlights from home depot

There's this one camera I'm always hearing about. It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite place it . . . Surely someone else has heard of such a camera.

frontview.jpg

Oh hay I'm moving to Montreal in a few days, also I'm visiting Toronto from the 4th to the 11th. Anyone want to hang?

• Like 6

edit for dumb fucking question but i just had this thought reading the fast sync thread, what if we had flashes that instead of 'flashing' they were just on? like you hit a switch and they stay on for like two seconds or whatever so you can be shooting at 1/10000000 and it'll still be lit or whatever? Right? I suppose they wouldn't be called flashes but whatever, intermittent lighting system or something. I mean I get this is probably impossible because otherwise someone would have done it by now but seriously, why is this not possible? I'll show myself out.

Continous lighting is very popular in the film industry (i kid). But have you ever driven by a night time highway that's under construction and they have the brightest fucking lights ever? You would need that, and probably more. That's not so discrete, or practical. It would probably blind your skater completely so it wouldn't work out well in that respect either.

As far as compact digital camera question, a canon t4i and 40mm pancake is probably pretty damn small, though not pocketable unless you're still rocking Paco jeans.

• Like 1

Oh hay I'm moving to Montreal in a few days, also I'm visiting Toronto from the 4th to the 11th. Anyone want to hang?

come down to burlington/hamilton area and ill take you to some parks or spots if you want!

Need a little help since I haven't kept up-to-date with the camera market.

Well there was a probably 15 page talk about the fuji x100s on here haha. Thatll run 1300.. and since that came out a used x100 will go for around 700

Same situation with the new fuji x10 and x20 (but cheaper)

Lurk a few pages back and theres tons of digi p&s talk for days.

• Like 1

well i'm liking the x20 a lot so far. the focusing is weird sometimes but i'll figure it out. works best in bright light obviously. i shot some stuff at iso 6400 and 3200 too. 6400 is hit or miss , some of the are actually good, 3200 is usually pretty good though. 1600 and under is great. works well indoors so far. the dof is weird, it looks like everything that's not in focus got a blur filter applied to it in PS.

• Like 2

Don't know if its good at all because its not even out yet but that new Canon Sl1 or whatever seems pretty rad. It's supposedly the smallest and lightest dlsr out there.

Slap a 40 on dat.

Damn, the Sony RX1 looks cool. Too bad it's price is outrageous.

May end up going with something like the x20. Something still freaks me out a bit about zoom lenses. It would be nice to have something with a solid prime on it but we'll see. Thanks for the help guys.

Let's talk about adventures with friends or adventures alone and going outside and taking pictures and photographers we like and why the sky is blue and where babies come from and is thunder really god bowling a strike and what's with North Korea and can you believe this weather and I'm listening to the Moody Blues right now and it's a beautiful day and we should fix the economy and whats up with immigration reform and I wish portra were cheaper and still NC and I need a scanner and this weed is pretty good and I love these ice breakers mints and I had some good Vietnamese food the other day and what are you doing this summer that you're most stoked about and it's 62 today but supposed to possibly snow tomorrow and the Midwest is fucking weird and how are you coastal people doing and I sure do love life and whatever else you want to to talk about but please...

...please...

Can we go this lovely Easter, birthday of our alien Lord Xenu, oh glory hosanna hosts upon high, without anymore Fuji X___ talk?

• Like 4

Steve should see if Fuji will pay for advertising and I'm surprised a Fuji rep hasn't shown up like when the adorama girl did

Also who shot that photo where there was a pole int he middle of the frame and there was a hand coming out if it stopping a guy? It was black and white.

April is going to be full of Adventure, I'm off to Kenya for 12 days on Tuesday, then about a week after I come back I'm going to Switzerland to go on the Glacier Express.

• Like 5

ha!

Yeah the weather here in the midwest is pretty messed up... screwing with my moods like crazy

I live in a small town at the moment so not many photo adventures (i like photographing people, i know i should have more motivation to do more but right now i dont have much). I do want to get back to seattle soon. That was a really fun trip, berns is a rad dude. im pretty bummed him and i couldnt go out more than just for a chai latte (which was fantastic). Life is good because we're here. NY hopefully this summer? Funds are looking right for me so im pretty sure it'll happen. Who else is on the "pretty sure" list?

march was such a crazy month, i got an office and im started a direct to garment printing biz, got a jobo CPE2, got a 650cc dirtbike that im going to take on trails and go camping.

/life

hit me up if you ever need shirts or anything made. any color/graphic on any garment

and if you need your film processed hit me up c41/e6/d76 ill do 5$ a roll and scan em for you

• Like 1

Steve should see if Fuji will pay for advertising and I'm surprised a Fuji rep hasn't shown up like when the adorama girl did

I thought it was pretty well known that scott has had a japanese ip for ages now...

Officially booked my trip to Hawaii with my lady friend for New Years. Stoked to be able to look forward to using my Nikonos again because I really haven't had a chance to use it since the beginning of last summer. #brokeasajoke #noX____forthisguy

• Like 1

Damn, the Sony RX1 looks cool. Too bad it's price is outrageous.

it is a full frame sensor with a custom zeiss 35/2 though. its sharper than a 5D with a zeiss equivalent lens. too bad theres no built in vf, the external thing looks like shit

It's a lot for a camera with a fixed lens though. But yeah I'm not saying it's outrageous for what it is, it's just very high. I think the optical vf looks alright but the evf looks ridiculous.