SkatePerception
TuneBomb

Random Photo Discussion

Nick sorry to hear about that :(

What cameras did you have?

Hmm, can you explain that a little more? Not sure what you mean exactly... During the Alec Soth lecture, he showed us videos he had made while doing certain photography projects. For example, there was a murder or something in a small town and the media had reported that the suspect kept things in glass jars (I forget all the details off hand, I have the lecture audio on soundcloud though). Alec Soth made a video of him trying to get pictures of those jars, ultimately just taking a picture of his own jar because according to the police, there was only one jar and he wouldn't be allowed to photograph it. Something like that?

Thanks! I remember seeing that video before actually. This is pretty spot on as to what I was looking for.

Welp, I'm just about to head out to another continent again... What would be best for a wide on my m3 around $500?

What ya think.... 25mm? 35mm voigt? pancake?

the voigihtlander 21 or 25mm's go for $~450 with adapter and finder. get the older screw mount version, they usually come with the viewfinder.

Dam nick, now i really want to get insurance for my photo gear. Anyone have their gear insured? i talked to state farm but they wont cover me because of how close i am to the water, that sucks. Their plans are usually 10$ per year per 1000$ insured, no deductible.

Oh man, what cameras would those be?

p&s's

d90

35mm

75-300

n70

sunpak 522

vivitars

bronica sq, gripped, prism, 80mm

polaroid.

it crushed them all? the sq couldnt take it? haha post a pic of dem all smushed

• Like 1

it crushed them all? the sq couldnt take it? haha post a pic of dem all smushed

d90 is fine i guess. it just won't autofocus.

bronica is done

nikon point and shoot is punted across the road

35mm won't focus

n70 won't turn on

75-300 is only focusing half way, i think it broke the limit lock.

polaroid has a crack

the only noticeable thing is my sq really

the lens is permanently stuck in the body, the skylight filter is molded into the lens and shattered both the filter glass and then into the actual lens glass and aperture blades are just not even coming out, prism is shattered inside, back is just broken, grip is working okay, so i just took it off. but heres the bronica

i wish it destroyed

my fucking digi and not this. it kills me. i was offered a free hasselblad 500cm though

2dugfx4.jpg

i was offered a free hasselblad 500cm though

Yikes dude that has to be the shittiest feeling. But on the other hand, a free Hasselblad would be awesome.

If anyone has insurance info that would be rad to hear cause ive been thinking about it.

• Like 1

welp, i went to take pictures of my friends 72 Nova and i had my camera bag behind my car, and i put it into reverse and ran my bag over. goodbye all of my cameras.

Holy fuck. That sucks man.

Who are some artists that have used digital technology to blend photography with other mediums?

Andreas Gursky, Jeff Wall, Thomas Ruff, come on man. Some of the most famous/best selling photographs are extensively manipulated.

Welp, I'm just about to head out to another continent again... What would be best for a wide on my m3 around $500?

What ya think.... 25mm? 35mm voigt? pancake?

12mm voigt B)

I'm at SUNY New Paltz, I hate it and am only a year away from graduating with my BFA. I'm really trying to goto Concordia for my MFA.

Sams, you going to be in MTL in July? if so were about to drink some beers and what not.

I'm not gonna be there.

If you aren't into the real artsy fartsy part of art school I dunno if you'd like Concordia.

Okay what I would get is a basically new hasselvlad 500cm body, I can buy all the accessories, an A12 back, Prism, and 80mm for all about 590 bucks.

Should I do this and continue with 6x6 like I have been?

Or just save for the camera I have been, the Mamiya 7 and pick up a 6x6 later in time again since they are cheaper and easier to find.

Hasselblad* sorry I'm on my phone and I can't find the edit post button.

Okay what I would get is a basically new hasselvlad 500cm body, I can buy all the accessories, an A12 back, Prism, and 80mm for all about 590 bucks.

Or just save for the camera I have been, the Mamiya 7 and pick up a 6x6 later in time again since they are cheaper and easier to find.

You could get the 7 and then get a Bronica later on.

I'm so hyped on shooting right now, I developed two rolls yesterday, and then shot 2 rolls in about 30 mins this morning.

Does anyone have some developing equipment they'd like to get rid of? Looking for a tank and maybe a reel or two that can do 120 film. I have a lot of B/W to develop and plan on shooting mostly B/W on my road trip at the end of this month. Fuck paying for a lab to develop that stuff for me.

Do WHATEVER YOU WANT TO. STOP ASKING. Seems like you're asking what to buy or what to do every time I look at this thread. I'm sorry for the cameras getting backed over but shit happens (not to mention that was a pretty crappy spot to put a camera bag, but yeah). Use it as a jumping point to start fresh and build the kit YOU want to have, not what everyone suggests you have. Sell the cameras you have for parts and buy film, take the free Hasselblad (who wouldn't?), and go take pictures. You'll forget about the incident in no time.

• Like 3

Do WHATEVER YOU WANT TO. STOP ASKING. Seems like you're asking what to buy or what to do every time I look at this thread. I'm sorry for the cameras getting backed over but shit happens (not to mention that was a pretty crappy spot to put a camera bag, but yeah). Use it as a jumping point to start fresh and build the kit YOU want to have, not what everyone suggests you have. Sell the cameras you have for parts and buy film, take the free Hasselblad (who wouldn't?), and go take pictures. You'll forget about the incident in no time.

yeah i want a 6x6 and a 6x7, thats why i was going to buy the mamiya. like i feel i should just replace my 6x6 and then get one. but maybe someone else has been in this situation. to also add, I'm not sure whats a good deal on hasselblad parts and whats not. or what lens is good or whats not. same with the mamiya. more people have hasseblads on here that any other medium format camera so i thought id ask.

So I am already a few days behind on V.2...but the east coast has been keeping me too busy at all times. Shooting so many skate pictures, and trying to put together a tour article for a homie magazine! Just got to Brooklyn and we are about to spend the next 6 days killing it!

Skate down the williamsburg bridge, I shot this there. It's like one giant arch so you get to cruise downhill and it's super fun. Skating through the city with a camera in hand is awesome.

Probably gonna get up at like 6 and go surf tomorrow, making myself shoot at least one photo.

• Like 1

jeez. might have to sell my 120j since theyre selling for so much now. i bought mine with a tr-pak ii for like 100 bucks lol.