SkatePerception
TuneBomb

Random Photo Discussion

do your musical interests influence your photographic style and choice of subject matter?

or is there any sort of connection between the two?

The music I listen to influences me big time with photos... I listen to mostly punk and whatnot, and I feel like photography and punk rock have a similar sense of individuality to them.. Idk

And on another note, I haven't gotten film dev'd in months... sitting on like 10 rolls.. I hate not being able to see any results for so long.

do your musical interests influence your photographic style and choice of subject matter?

Most definitely.

Does anyone have some developing equipment they'd like to get rid of? Looking for a tank and maybe a reel or two that can do 120 film. I have a lot of B/W to develop and plan on shooting mostly B/W on my road trip at the end of this month. Fuck paying for a lab to develop that stuff for me.

I got some stuff I could let go of. Got a tank with plastic reels, thermometer, etc. PM if your interested I could let go of it for a decent price not trying to make much money off of it but don't use it and could use the closet space.

Music does influence my photographic style a lot I think. Especially as I shoot mainly music related subjects and shows, I find that my style slightly changes from genre to genre I shoot. Like with punk and hardcore, it tends to be high contrast black and white stuff, compared to say indie which may be colour or black and white, but the look is much different I think to punk and hardcore stuff.

I think two things are true:

1. Taste in musical and photographic styles are likely to be similar.

2. Music can inspire your photography, photography can inspire your music; in both taste and composition.

What Vaughn said about Punk seems like a good example. I listen to a load of neoclassical, post-rock, ambient etc. Music that captures or cultivates an atmosphere without explicitly stating anything. I think that also roughly describes my photographic tastes. Though I also love (and who doesn't?) classics like Simon and Garfunkel. Anybody who writes songs has to appreciate the incredible genius of Paul Simon. The same is true in photography... it doesn't matter what your niche tastes are, almost everyone can appreciate the technical mastery and artistic genius of the classics.

m3.JPG

This came in the post today

Also I was trying to bulk load earlier, I got the film in and got the film in a canister, and when I started to load it the 100ft roll didn't want to rotate, anyone know what's wrong?

• Like 2

Get it back in the change bag, open it up and try pulling it through and rewinding it to make sure it moves freely. Sometimes it can just get put in kind of funky and gets stuck.

I think two things are true:

1. Taste in musical and photographic styles are likely to be similar.

2. Music can inspire your photography, photography can inspire your music; in both taste and composition.

I agree.

I think that when i first started taking photos the influence was heaps more obvious, but there is still definitely some influence there..

I was a lot more into that when I just saw pancake. Guess im hungry..

No,but really, i'd like a prime lens like that. I shoot with nikon and i'm pretty sure there's no nikon 40mm, but i could be wrong. so a different one.

Nikon 40mm

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking it was pretty dope until I realized that a pancake on a EF SLR is kind of stupid. My EOS 3 isn't exactly compact and my 50 1.4 doesn't take up a lot of room as is. I guess it could be useful for some people, but most of my 35mm cameras are already a lot smaller than any of my Canon gear without having pancake lenses on them.

Yeah I was thinking it was pretty dope until I realized that a pancake on a EF SLR is kind of stupid. My EOS 3 isn't exactly compact and my 50 1.4 doesn't take up a lot of room as is. I guess it could be useful for some people, but most of my 35mm cameras are already a lot smaller than any of my Canon gear without having pancake lenses on them.

FUCKING...

BOO-ERNS.

(this is just for julien. 40's are great, pancakes on a canon slr are stupid and that nikon is a macro lens, which is hardly all-purpose)

• Like 1

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/534437-REG/Voigtlander_BA229DN_Ultron_40mm_f_2_0_SL_II.html

heres a dope 40mm nikon mount, i have the canon and absolutely love it. that 40mm 2.8 canon one looks redic though, probably smaller than the voigtlander, and has af, but you cant say no to how buttery smooth the cv40 is. i think the canon will be a good lens for the modern digital street photographer, that will look good on full frame or crop, and im glad theyre going into that market, i just think the voigtlander is better imo. although sometimes autofocus is nice, having manual focus with af confirm and amazing glass is more my cup of tea.

• Like 2