SkatePerception
TuneBomb

Random Photo Discussion

I agree that it's prettier, but it's so hard to find one with no holes in the leatherette or a lot of damage to the top plate. The really good condition M2s aren't that much cheaper than a nice M6.

You can get a new leatherette for 25 bucks :)

But yeah, it's not that easy to find one in good condition though.

I thought more people would remember r u chines. That's super old though.

• Like 3

r u bi?

40 cron

40 rokkor

ltm canon 35

color skopar 35

fuck the nokton

also my post in this thread is funny and kind of out date (according to my opinions) but still worthwhile.

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?/topic/262718-i-leica-guys/

tl;dr

m2, m4, m3, m5 and fuck all the rest. (the cl is kind of okay, but if you get one you won't be fixing it if it breaks).

and fuck you for wanting a meter you jerk.

ayyy booked my first gallery show on March 28th. Hit me up if anyone's gonna be around Minneapolis that weekend.

• Like 5

Leicas are just jerk pieces.

Buy something that you don't think is "pretty" and worry more about the final results.

• Like 1

Anyone shoot Agfa vista 400? Thinking about snagging some rolls for my upcoming trip in case I run out of portra.

It's great it's rebadged Superia

been listening to a lot of r&b lately. id say it has been one of my better lifestyle changes. currently sewing my pants back together. only brought 1 pair with me and now of all times, they start to fall apart lol.

if you're in LA or SF, let's chill. I think I'm gonna live out here. just applied for a job <3 #wishmeluck

life is cool

• Like 7

It's great it's rebadged Superia

reeeally????? superia is all purply and bummy. but it IS only $3 a roll so...... looks like ill be ordering a bit of it.

Anyone shoot Agfa vista 400? Thinking about snagging some rolls for my upcoming trip in case I run out of portra.

I shot mostly that at one point as it was 1 pound a roll. Can't complain for the price.

ey how much would you dudes pay realistically for a good condition black M6?

kinda late to the convo, but I'd go with the leica cl. you can get em for super cheap. got a voightlander 40mm 1.4 on mine and I love it. tunebombs got one too I'm pretty sure.

kinda late to the convo, but I'd go with the leica cl. you can get em for super cheap. got a voightlander 40mm 1.4 on mine and I love it. tunebombs got one too I'm pretty sure.

Julien does have one, but he thinks it's shit. The only reason to get one is because it's a relatively inexpensive box with a hole that takes leica lenses. I have used his and I must say I agree. The fact that you got a voigtlander on yours makes your endorsement somewhat ill-advised.

• Like 2

Leicas are just jerk pieces.

Buy something that you don't think is "pretty" and worry more about the final results.

honestly, an m4, m2, m3 those cameras, if you really want to give a shit about photos, and want to shoot a lot, and have a really good camera with you always, they win.

walking around a city shooting photos all day, not a single camera in its class (changeable lenses and whatnot) comes out better. how it feels in your hands, how it is over your shoulder, it's weight, it's shape. i don't have one right now, i have a dumpy cl that will break the first time i drop it most likely.

the thing about photo is that when it comes down to it, any camera is good enough really. they are just tools or whatever.

but those leica m's i mentioned really are the pinnacle of 35mm photographic tool. in the thousands of film photos i've shot, my stupid canadian made leica that's a shadow of the 3 best m's was the one that never failed me.

every single other camera i've ever used has missed at least one shot on me. has fucked me in some way or another.

but the thing is, like you said, worrying about making good images is so much more important.

if photo is your single greatest passion and you always want a camera, and you want something larger than a point and shoot, the single most pleasing and transparent imaging experience is to be had is with an m4, m2 or m3. or m60 lawls.

the finder in those cameras lets you see your image, but doesn't disconnect you from the scene. everything else i've used does.

Julien does have one, but he thinks it's shit. The only reason to get one is because it's a relatively inexpensive box with a hole that takes leica lenses. I have used his and I must say I agree. The fact that you got a voigtlander on yours makes your endorsement somewhat ill-advised.

what's really sad though is that if it was hand made in germany i think it would be superior, or at least equivalent to the m series.

• Like 1

the voightlander lenses are actually extremely well made (or at least the 40mm that I have is) and the CL isn't a bad camera at all. smallest m mount camera there is and it had a built in meter (which is pretty accurate). build quality was never a problem on the cl or the lens.

I remember that shit. Used to use it for MSN sub names and shit.

i just applied to a photo store near me and i get 50% so $5 developing if i get hired B)

i just applied to a photo store near me and i get 50% so $5 developing if i get hired B)

dev at home for free yo (plus cost of materials)

• Like 2