SkatePerception
TuneBomb

Random Photo Discussion

Jake J and I were just talking about this place and 2 weeks later here it is.  Glad it's back.

super stoked to get an email saying people were posting in rpd.

whats good dudes

• Like 1

Now we just need tunebomb, andrew, hsi, MFtimmy, peteh... Alright those last two would be a stretch. 

• Like 1

Ay dawg, nah. That ain't for here, bruh.

• Thanks 1

Just spitballing, but since there aren't many topics and lots of good conversation in here, should we start having new topics created?  If nothing else, to make things easier for google as informative stuff gets lost in these large posts.

On 1/20/2018 at 9:10 AM, Ivan Fucich said:

what 20 something year old doesn't have time....? 

shit takes like 1 hour dawg, same as the CVS, get outta here with these excuses

bulk shoot, buy the not so expensive complete powder set, then ball out in your kitchen and get wasted

The amount of time and film I've wasted trying to get decent home processing results + mediocre flatbed scans is enough for me to just have a lab develop and scan with the results I want and expect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveLaClair said:

Just spitballing, but since there aren't many topics and lots of good conversation in here, should we start having new topics created?  If nothing else, to make things easier for google as informative stuff gets lost in these large posts.

Makes sense.

Maybe re-post a lot of the older knowledge threads like scanning help or camera reviews. Scanning seems to be an increasing topic I see people asking about online. 

On 1/22/2018 at 9:06 AM, Mikon said:

The amount of time and film I've wasted trying to get decent home processing results + mediocre flatbed scans is enough for me to just have a lab develop and scan with the results I want and expect.

This was often my experience with color 35mm. Black and white seemed to be fine, as was anything medium format. I never developed color at home but I'm sure I could have. It's a matter of temperature control and agitation no? Just before I stopped with film I just had CVS give me a disk with the images for color 35mm.

Don't people "scan" with dslrs and macro lenses now? Or was that just a fad? Like is that actually a viable way to get results?

Heard micheal burnett switched from canon to sony.... What a time to be alive

Yooo

Just sold my sony and got back into canon... couldn't fuck with those toy cameras anymore 

3 hours ago, WestonKruse said:

Just sold my sony and got back into canon... couldn't fuck with those toy cameras anymore 

Wutmade you switch back?

4 hours ago, WestonKruse said:

Yooo

I've considered doing the same, but going to the Nikon d850. Then I just decided to keep it as-is and shoot more film instead. 

As for why - it's not durable, and it's not weather sealed. Two things I like to have when skating and hiking, respectively. But I can put up with it because of the results I get when I sit down and edit. 

On 1/22/2018 at 4:02 AM, SteveLaClair said:

This is a good idea. Like somebody should develop a sort of "message board" where people post things related to a particular topic and then others respond to it instead of having one long single thread of interwoven conversations. I bet you could really do something with that.

8 hours ago, sos said:

This is a good idea. Like somebody should develop a sort of "message board" where people post things related to a particular topic and then others respond to it instead of having one long single thread of interwoven conversations. I bet you could really do something with that.

If only these capabilities existed; you sir, are a true visionary.

13 hours ago, tats said:

Wutmade you switch back?

Sony cameras for the most part feel like a toy.. Or like the feeling of having an iphone without a lifeproof case.. It looks good but if you drop it, it is over. 

The menu's are pretty ridiculous as well. 

Hurrah! I've been getting my fix on /r/analog and uploading random projects to my site: https://leejo.github.io/projects/

Glad to see SP is still one of the last surviving skate photo sites, even if the skateboarding link is tenuous these days and it went away for a bit. Good job Steve.

Such a flashback seeing this site again. I'm laughing at my old name. This site is a time machine in seeing names of people on here. 

• Like 1

Ive got like 9 rolls of 35mm and 2 220 rolls I need developed. c41, slide, and bw. Where should I send them? The price of developing is insane. 

My camera I got off ebay was signed for and delivered to someone in a town like five miles away. What the hell do I do now?

53 minutes ago, Mikon said:

My camera I got off ebay was signed for and delivered to someone in a town like five miles away. What the hell do I do now?

Contact the company who delivered it there and explain that they delivered it to the wrong place. If you can see that they delivered it to the wrong adress, then so can they.

If they are unwilling to cooporate or the person who received it already opened the package and is unwilling to return it, simply contact the authorities. Opening another person's mail is already against the law and keeping something that isn't adressed to you is theft.