SkatePerception
TuneBomb

Random Photo Discussion

On 2/6/2018 at 2:57 PM, sos said:

Somebody on here made a video smashing a T4 I sold them that had issues. That was a dumb video.

You mailed that T4 to me in an unpadded envelope. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

First roll i put through the t4 reset at the 12th exposure and the film wouldnt advance or rewind lol. Cut it out and seems fine with a new roll but i can’t imagine it was a good sign

also does anyone remember a photo somebody posted on here of somebody in a tanning bed but like in somebody’s room? It was sick 

Wuddya think about baby photos?

Y'all with kids, and y'all without

51 minutes ago, tats said:

Wuddya think about baby photos?

Y'all with kids, and y'all without

pretty uninteresting imo. once you see one bab youve seen them all. new parents always think you want them to clog ur feed anytime lil jr breathes.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:51 AM, but i love chef said:

First roll i put through the t4 reset at the 12th exposure and the film wouldnt advance or rewind lol. Cut it out and seems fine with a new roll but i can’t imagine it was a good sign

also does anyone remember a photo somebody posted on here of somebody in a tanning bed but like in somebody’s room? It was sick 

Weird, maybe something with the winder.

Continuing the T4 stories, just tried to buy one from some guy locally (but paid to ship it  cuz they live 2 hours away and I have no car) and I think I got scammed. No replies or anything. Paid with bank eTransfer so no buyer protection. Have their phone number and email, but searching both bring up nothing. Not sure if I have any recourse. 

Guess I've learned my lesson. Paypal or nothing. I didn't pay "full price" so at least I didn't loose an extra $100+ bucks. 

On 2/14/2018 at 2:23 PM, mindemag said:

I have never sent a camera in an envelope, much less an unpadded one. I know for a fact that is 100% false. Next time, try saying something at the time you got the camera instead of passive aggressively whining about it behind my back. Still a dumb video.

• Like 1

Kodak is bringing back T-Max p3200.

only 35mm so far, they said if it does well on the market they might do 120.

neat. 

Also, anyone have experience with buying expired film? Someone wants to sell me 18 rolls of Portra 160NC in 220 but said it hasn't been cold stored/expired in '07. $100. Worth it or nah? 

3 hours ago, Jake J said:

Also, anyone have experience with buying expired film? Someone wants to sell me 18 rolls of Portra 160NC in 220 but said it hasn't been cold stored/expired in '07. $100. Worth it or nah? 

Ask if they have any sample shots that were made recently. At that price it doesn't seem to bad, especially since it's 220. I'm sure if you don't like the results, you could make your money back selling it to someone else. 

• Like 1

This is the best thing to happen in 2018. My input so far:

Best underwater camera is Nikon Action Touch. Been through a few over the years and they rule.

Best mail-in photo service is sharp photo. They do hi-res scans uploaded for something like $14/roll.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ECFilmer said:

This is the best thing to happen in 2018. My input so far:

Best underwater camera is Nikon Action Touch. Been through a few over the years and they rule.

Best mail-in photo service is sharp photo. They do hi-res scans uploaded for something like $14/roll.

Do you know what resolution their scans are?

On 2/23/2018 at 10:31 AM, Jake J said:

neat. 

idk that sounds kind of steep for 10 years past expiration date and not in the cold. 18 rolls of 120 is like $97. BH doesn't have 220 so I can't compare that price. 

Has anyone here taught phtography, in a course or in school or for kids or something?

Anyone got a Konica Big Mini they'd wanna sell. Gotta get the GF something for her birthday.

On 2/27/2018 at 1:08 PM, Mikon said:

Do you know what resolution their scans are?

They're 15-20mb jpegs, which is not ideal I suppose, but it looks good on a screen and I've printed them decently large (20x30 with the same lab) and they come out well. I've found it's a happy medium between basic scans and shelling (money or time) out for hi-res for everything I shoot.

On 2/23/2018 at 11:31 PM, Jake J said:

neat. 

One of my favorite films, but I wouldn't touch non-cold stored stuff for that price. Offer $50 and leave it if they don't take it.

On 2/14/2018 at 1:23 PM, mindemag said:

lol that shit is funny, that video was pretty memorable too.  interesting to see you

chris latina i remember sent me a rz67 and the WLF broke, but he wrote me an apology letter, like through the actual mail so that was really awesome

anyways.  can i be a mod Tomchy?  and congratulations

Edited by dkn
congratulations

On 3/29/2018 at 5:56 AM, dkn said:

anyways.  can i be a mod Tomchy?  and congratulations

Sry don't have those superpowers. Hope you're good dude! Still in Portland(?)?

On 4/6/2018 at 7:07 PM, JordanWarne said:

Anyone know any cool photographer feature websites or instagrams? Similar to https://www.booooooom.com/blog/photo/ 

Man, there's so many IG accounts out there that do features. Usually their name ends with "mag" or "magazine". They all have various aesthetics, so find one that fits your style.

A few off the top of my head:

back2thebase, fotofilmy, somewheremagazine, noicemag

On 4/6/2018 at 7:07 AM, JordanWarne said:

Anyone know any cool photographer feature websites or instagrams? Similar to https://www.booooooom.com/blog/photo/ 

I'm a big fan of The Heavy Collective. Best viewed on web, as they do an interesting Q&A with a photographer, as well as a photo feature. 

Itsnicethat has a good photo section. Also FotoRoom. 

Everything boils down to insta nowadays. Sometimes I question why bother using a dedicated camera instead of a phone if everyone only views photos on phones.

• Sad 1

Thought I'd drop in to share some news with sp. I'm graduating from college, and for my year long thesis made a photo book! Check it out and you pick up a copy HERE

The project comments on effects caused by smartphones and social media.

Palarchio_Dominic_viris-4.jpg

• Like 1