SkatePerception
TuneBomb

Random Photo Discussion

I bought an Fuji X-T2 on sunday. I've gone through 2 other digi cams since selling my bronica and wasn't entirely satisfied by either of them, mostly in image quality. This is easily the first camera I've enjoyed from start to end since my bronica. Granted I miss my bronica but films expensive now. 

But are we really? Seems like no one is really posting. 

Should we get a project going or something? any ideas on how to get us motivated back here?

Perhaps everyone doesn't know it's back. Also since it was gone, people probably just lost habit of checking SP. SP wasn't gone that long but the internet is way different than when it was here. Facebook isn't as popular with younger kids because it's straight adware and populated by their parents and millennials, they all moved to instagram and snapchat since they can escape their parents there. Reddit is the only forum people use, though I think it's a hugbox and circlejerk. But think about the result of asking skateboarding reddit (I've never actually been to it) to come here instead, they'd say no because they can get their skateboarding and other stuff in one spot. Not that I think an SP insta would be useful, though remember how we used to have the tumblr? Also scootering is apparently the cool thing anyway.

Plus most of us are different now. I've known of SP since 2006, joined in 2007, that was 12 years ago, most of us were in middle/high school and some college. It's actually strange, I'm 26 now and I've known of SP for 12 years, that's one year short of half my life. Now most people are older and out of school, apparently a lot of you in coding jobs. I'm a molecular genetics/biochemistry PhD student, so that occupies a lot of my time and doesn't really lend itself to photography. Though I did just buy an XT2, which I love.  

I'm glad SP is back, but it came back in a weird time. 

Some kind irony posting an insta clip but skateboarders are fucking ridiculous now