SkatePerception
ogmike

Canon T4I

"STM functionality delivers smooth, silent, and continuous auto focus that's ideal for shooting HD video. This camera-body attribute allows EF and EFS lenses to provide continuous autofocus when shooting video, but it works best with STM designated lenses."

That sounds cool. Can't wait to see what Canon does with the '70D' or whatever the 60D upgrade will be.

I want that pancake lens, who wants to buy my 50mm 1.8 metal mark one?

Why do people want that pancake so much? You can buy a wider version for way cheaper. The Olympus 28mm f2.8 is tiny.

Also, I really really like this can shoot 640 at 30fps. If you ever have to film a SD clip for someone's project, you basically can. The fisheye is super super wide in that mode, too.

i want it because i shoot photos on a 1d which has a 1.3 crop sensor (aps-H)

might feel a little closer to a real 50mm

its cool that its a new lens at a cheap price, canon never does that.

• Like 1

i want it because i shoot photos on a 1d which has a 1.3 crop sensor (aps-H)

might feel a little closer to a real 50mm

its cool that its a new lens at a cheap price, canon never does that.

Yeah, but it's 200 dollars... The Sigma 30mm 1.4 is a way better lens and is only like 150 more. Wider, plus it's a 1.4...

I can't wait to get the pancake. It looks awesome on the t4i. I really need to put my t2i on craigslist.

I'm not a fan of the touch screen. They never seem to work perfect and become bothersome to me

Then,if they break, it usually makes it a lot harder to do anything.

Continuous AF in video mode seems so prosumer oriented, while background music selection for slideshows and video playback is more consumer oriented. Besides, who wants to play slideshows on their SLR anyway? Thanks for listening to your customers, yet again, Canon...

Ironic how the 5DmkIII has a headphone jack with no continuous AF or articulating LCD, yet the T4i has continuous AF and an articulating LCD, yet no headphone jack. Canon's dawdling with EOS makes it clear for their protection of the cinema line. I'm not intrigued by the price gouged 5DmkIII, and I thought the T4i would have more in store than this, like aliasing/moire reduction, making it worth the upgrade from older EOS DSLRs. The wait is now on the 70D and 7DmkII. But personally, I'm getting tired of Canon's releases. Mosaic Engineering allegedly has an anti-aliasing filter in the works for the 7D, so I'm hoping they target the 60D/T2i as well. I think Black Magic Design is on a good route. If they could come out with a set DSLR, Canon is toast with me. I'm still anticipating more seriousness from their Cinema Camera. I may have to give in to one of those.

Touch screen is only a feature, right? You can still use the navigation buttons, right?

wow that video made the touch screen look stoops, i could adjust my settings faster using the normal controls then having to awkardly hold the camera and touch the screen like that.

I wonder how much better that new stereo on board mic is though?

wow that video made the touch screen look stoops, i could adjust my settings faster using the normal controls then having to awkardly hold the camera and touch the screen like that.

I wonder how much better that new stereo on board mic is though?

I gotta agree with you mike, that touch screen looks awful to work with, and probably a little better, but there is a reason for the mic input, the on board mic still isn't good enough

That handheld night mode looks kinda cool..

But awkward placement of the microphone...

Continuous AF in video mode seems so prosumer oriented, while background music selection for slideshows and video playback is more consumer oriented. Besides, who wants to play slideshows on their SLR anyway? Thanks for listening to your customers, yet again, Canon...

Ironic how the 5DmkIII has a headphone jack with no continuous AF or articulating LCD, yet the T4i has continuous AF and an articulating LCD, yet no headphone jack. Canon's dawdling with EOS makes it clear for their protection of the cinema line. I'm not intrigued by the price gouged 5DmkIII, and I thought the T4i would have more in store than this, like aliasing/moire reduction, making it worth the upgrade from older EOS DSLRs. The wait is now on the 70D and 7DmkII. But personally, I'm getting tired of Canon's releases. Mosaic Engineering allegedly has an anti-aliasing filter in the works for the 7D, so I'm hoping they target the 60D/T2i as well. I think Black Magic Design is on a good route. If they could come out with a set DSLR, Canon is toast with me. I'm still anticipating more seriousness from their Cinema Camera. I may have to give in to one of those.

It's a pro-consumer camera dude, what do you expect?

This will sell like hot cakes, looks like a good camera with some worthy upgrades. It's never going to be everything You want, at costs $800 it's going to have tonnes of drawbacks.

Your in an awkward bracket where your expectations for a camera are really high, but your price point still remains low.

Bring your budget up to your expectations and you'll get on better with camera releases.

I think the 650D looks great. Trying to persuade my dad yo upgrade his!

Tim's correct, these companies want us to get used to paying a premium for features, especially Canon. The dslr revolution is dead, no more free lunches.

i wonder how long is it will take for ML to come out with firmware for this thing? i feel like they will have some pretty awesome tweaks with the touchscreen capability.