SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
lsara3699

Jesus.. Gh2 Vs. Mkiii

No suprise, gh2 is still and most likely always will be the best dslr in terms of image quality, and thats coming from someone who sold his for a 5d2.

while these are true i would never use a gh2 after now owning a full 5d2 kit. something about it man.

and you also can't compare a fucking hacked camera to a non hacked camera. if we want to compare hacked cameras choke on this

http://www.eoshd.com/content/7727/james-miller-removes-optical-low-pass-filter-from-5d-mark-iii-for-resolution-increase

while these are true i would never use a gh2 after now owning a full 5d2 kit. something about it man.

and you also can't compare a fucking hacked camera to a non hacked camera. if we want to compare hacked cameras choke on this

http://www.eoshd.com...lution-increase

That footage looked pretty shitty. Terrible color correcting. Definitely didn't make me want to mod my camera.

http://www.eoshd.com...lution-increase

haha well if you want to get that technical then that's not a direct comparison either....5d footage is HARDWARE hacked. gh2 footage is FIRMWARE hacked.

There was a huge debate at dvxuser about the olp removal on the 5d3 and the consensus was that it was a waist of money and time (and a voided warranty). People are using a lot of post sharpening to give it a more detailed look, but its false detail, a poor solution. gh2 video > all other dslr video, its just the truth.

Fuck EOSHD, their completely GH2 biased. I'm not saying it's not a great camera, or it wouldn't win anyways, but he'll only post things in regard to how much better the GH2 is and bash any other DSLR if the get the limelight.

Don't start pulling your hair out, this was an obvious test. I haven't used either camera (passed picking one up at a show) and could've told you the outcome.

A hacked GH-2 is a great camera for stationary high resolution deep depth of field shots, probably the best DSLR at it. If it was a lowlight test the outcome would've been different though. Different tools for different jobs.

But it was unfair to not add post sharpening for the 5D mkiii. It's clear this is the workflow you have to endeavour to get the best out of the camera.

The GH3 is coming out in August, can't wait to see what they improved on that.