SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Skater132

What Are All The Differences Between The Hvx200 And Hvx200a?

What's the difference between these two? And how do you get P2 cards to your computer? And how much video recording can you do with a 16gb P2 card? Want to her what you guys think!

DVX100A = Much better in low light condition.

I hope you meant HVX200A. It also has a wider lens and I believe it has a delete last clip function.

I had to use an HVX as a second camera a couple weeks ago, I got 35 minutes of recording time with two 16 gig cards at 720p / 30. Maybe enough for a day of skating when you can throw out the vast majority of all the takes, but it's insufficient for most other things unless you have a computer to dump the footage.

• Like 1

I hope you meant HVX200A. It also has a wider lens and I believe it has a delete last clip function.

I had to use an HVX as a second camera a couple weeks ago, I got 35 minutes of recording time with two 16 gig cards at 720p / 30. Maybe enough for a day of skating when you can throw out the vast majority of all the takes, but it's insufficient for most other things unless you have a computer to dump the footage.

I have a 32GB P2 card for my HPX and I nearly fill it up on each day on a weekend trip (roughly 9-10am to midnightish).

I have a 32GB P2 card for my HPX and I nearly fill it up on each day on a weekend trip (roughly 9-10am to midnightish).

So how many hours or recording would you say the 32 p2 card holds and how do you get p2 cards to you computer/laptop?

So how many hours or recording would you say the 32 p2 card holds and how do you get p2 cards to you computer/laptop?

Roughly 30-35 minutes. I connect the camera to my computer via FireWire to capture it.