SkatePerception
skatethe02184

No General Consensus Of Who Won This Shit

Just got word through the sp facebook group dkush was sending texts out, one of them read:

"Yoo, go give me a 3pt vote for my kotr! Haha"

Exactly like that.

Who won this year you're probably wondering? Kyran voted fairly, the edit was before midnight. Going by the cold hard votes, I am leading the count with 38.

Daniel has the money, so if he really does not want to give it up to anybody, I could care less. Pretty fucked, but the real prize is street cred, or whatever you want to call it. Can we just get some people to honestly voice their opinions about who rightfully won this year's KOTR? What matters is the people's opinions on the overall video, and the mixture of filming, editing, and skating put into it.

Circle Gallery vs Daniel Kusnir

This shit is stressing me out, I don't think it should have come to this much arguing or confusion.

If daniel keeps the money I would concider that stealing all of our money. Circle gallery rightfully won. Texts like that that persuade people to vote for him should disqualify him. I honestly think circles edit was a little bit better. I would have voted for you but I don't have 100 posts yet haha.

I'm not too sure what the hell is going on, nor what the 'official' rules are... I assumed the points meant something, but it seems they don't and act as some sort of 'popular vote' (example from US Presidental elections) with the people who voted by picking the three users' videos being the 'electoral college'.

YQgSTl.jpg

That says 'Posted Yesterday, 11:57 PM' which is the server time. So even if Kyran changed his vote, the thread was closed three minutes before the server clock hit midnight Eastern Standard Time.

Sending out texts asking people to vote is simply campaigning. An assumption that it is 'against the rules' is like saying people can't tell their friends to vote for Mitt Romney or Barack Obama in regard to the upcoming US Presidential election.

Should we have showdown between the 'winners' and have them do a week long KOTR and the winner be the person with the most points? Should the money be split? Also, why did the guy running the KOTR have an entry? It seems a tad biased considering the debacle going on.

Fuck.

• Like 1

what happend to the mod vote?

Kyran said like the mods didn't want to get involved or something, which I can understand

Week long kotr would be sick, but I don't think anyone wants to wait that long and it is a lot of work. And what I meant was he is the guy running the kotr so it would be kind of hard for some people not to vote for him if he asked them. It might be kind of intimidating...

Daniel closed the thread at 11:57. That means no votes were changed after that time.

Kyran is a mod. He could have opened the thread to change the vote, but as far as I know, Daniel isn't a mod and wouldn't have been able to 'really' close the thread. He simply declared that the voting was over.

Kyran is a mod. He could have opened the thread to change the vote, but as far as I know, Daniel isn't a mod and wouldn't have been able to 'really' close the thread. He simply declared that the voting was over.

Why did Daniel get to be in charge of kotr if he isn't even a mod?

Look man this is a mess, tell ya what guys im gunna man up and take the heat so lets just say i won, give me the money and the cool golden VX emblem and end the arguing. You guys owe me for this though, solvin all your problems n shit.

• Like 4

Look man this is a mess, tell ya what guys im gunna man up and take the heat so lets just say i won, give me the money and the cool golden VX emblem and end the arguing. You guys owe me for this though, solvin all your problems n shit.

FINALLY A SOLUTION hahhah

the golden vx is basically just a sign of like "first place winner" on sp, its like a trophy

Its a big deal.

And daniel is not a mod, he couldnt have closed the thread to stop any vote changes. The fatal flaw in this system and what caused all the confusion

Split the money and call it a day. Good job to the both of you. For future KOTR there should be a tie breaker, whether it be a certain objective, trick, or maybe over all points so this can be avoided.

• Like 1

Why did Daniel get to be in charge of kotr if he isn't even a mod?

The mods didn't have the time to administer it. Joey started it and was hasty with how he handled it and didn't have a PayPal account to handle the entry fees and it was getting close to the usual start time (Go Skateboarding Day), so Daniel took it over.

I'm not sure what went on after that.

So you can't like copy the golden vx thing? You have to win it?

You could, but people would call you out on it and a mod would take it off and probably ban you for a little while or something.

And Charley, about that vote campaigning thing you said how it's fair; it is fair, but getting people to blindly vote for your video is not what King of the Road is all about.

King of the Road is about being the best, having people love your video for what it is. This is not a popularity contest, even though some people use that as their strategy to get ahead.

Never said daniel should be disqualified or anything, but I do feel as though some of those "3pters" are slightly artificial for the type of competition this is.

• Like 1

It got very screwed up. Hopefully next year it will be handled better. If Daniel doesn't give circle the money, I will personally send circle the winning amount. Dead serious.

You asked kyran to change your vote last minute so don't go on about me texting people, because then you would be a hypocrite. I closed the thread when my phone said 12:00 exactly but it must of been off by a little. He could of still changed his vote at that time. Also you were telling other people to go vote on youtube and it's in your sig. I'm just tired of these bullshit threads. The vote was changed too late anyways

You asked kyran to change your vote last minute so don't go on about me texting people, because then you would be a hypocrite. I closed the thread when my phone said 12:00 exactly but it must of been off by a little. He could of still changed his vote at that time. Also you were telling other people to go vote on youtube and it's in your sig. I'm just tired of these bullshit threads. The vote was changed too late anyways

The server time is the only solid proof of closure we have, so as far as I know, the voting was 'closed' prior to midnight. The debate regarding campaigning on either side is pointless.

It got very screwed up. Hopefully next year it will be handled better. If Daniel doesn't give circle the money, I will personally send circle the winning amount. Dead serious.

Come on dude, it isn't about the money so I wouldn't even accept that ahha. If daniel needs to keep that money for whatever false fulfillment he needs, let him have it. I think it's clear I won