SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
mikey_smooth

Vx1000 Reads My Tapes But It Tells Me To Eject It Even Though Its New

so i love my sony vx1000 and i havent had it for that long but for some reason my camera reads my tapes but it beeps and i guess it says i have to eject the tape even if its a new one so i tryed to clean my heads and its still acting up. it use to do it before here and there but now it does it alot and i dont know if its because the brand of tapes i use because i use maxell mini dv tapes or is it because i dropped it but that was awhile ago and it worked perfectly fine after it and i didnt drop it hard.

It could be the brand of tapes you are using. Have you ever used another tape besides the Maxell ones? Even if you use one tape from another brand it can cause issues. I would get your camera checked out and get the heads professionally cleaned and then switch to Sony Premiums. It could also be condensation in the tape deck. Idk, that's just my opinion. Honestly, it could be anything. I'd get it professionally looked at by VE or something. Hope this helps.

Never use Maxell tapes, those are the worst tapes you could use, because they lack a lubricant used on other tapes (sony premiums, panasonic, etc.) that reduces the wear on your heads. Your tapes could be the root of the problem