SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
TonyZ

T4i + Walli Led Light Footage.

Some footage we got in about two hours, testing out the light and DIY handle. It's quite bright and the built quality is amazing. Critique is much appreciated.

light looks cool. did you use any of the diffusers on it while filming? i'm guessing the orange diffuser would take some of the led look out of the footage, but i like the circular view vs. the regular square lights. also whats the audio setup you have going on? filming was okay, but lacked any sort of movement. i don't mean be shaky, you were good to hold the camera steady, but think about composition and how it'll make the tricks look in the frame. move with the skater, be organic about it, but always remember to keep that arm stiff. get involved with the skater and their lines and make something cool out of the situation you have, that wallride spot looked awesome but the line was ruined by ollieing a random chair. previsualizing is key. some good filmers to look at would be yoan taillandier,

, andrew petillo,
and jeremy elkin to name a few (i recommend checking out their full lengths). keep filming dude and get inspired!

light looks cool. did you use any of the diffusers on it while filming? i'm guessing the orange diffuser would take some of the led look out of the footage, but i like the circular view vs. the regular square lights. also whats the audio setup you have going on? filming was okay, but lacked any sort of movement. i don't mean be shaky, you were good to hold the camera steady, but think about composition and how it'll make the tricks look in the frame. move with the skater, be organic about it, but always remember to keep that arm stiff. get involved with the skater and their lines and make something cool out of the situation you have, that wallride spot looked awesome but the line was ruined by ollieing a random chair. previsualizing is key. some good filmers to look at would be yoan taillandier,

, andrew petillo,
and jeremy elkin to name a few (i recommend checking out their full lengths). keep filming dude and get inspired!

Did not see this reply until now, thank you for your comment. I see what you mean by pre-visualizing, will work on my filming and take your advice into account. As for the diffuser, I used the orange tungsten diffuser because the street lights were tungsten. However I have noticed that this light tends to give off a green tint, so I used the white balance shift function in camera and shifted the balance a lot more towards the magenta ish tint so the skin tones looked normal. This resulted in the street lights having a slight purple tint(complete accident), but I thought it looked cool so I raised the saturation a bit in post. The light is not too diffused, but is fairly bright and well built, easily sufficient to film at night. My audio setup is just an Opteka VM-100 mic, in camera audio gain set fairly low, and I raised the gain in Premiere cs6. I don't really like the mic though, poor build quality and the fact that it's bigger than the rest of my camera setup is really frustrating and inconvenient.