SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
nico

Grainy Vx1 Footage

Ok, so lately my vx footage has been really grainy and dosnt look sharp/clear. My settings on the camera arent anything crazy and its not from exporting because it looks like that in FCP. Is there any way to fix this or improve the footage in FCP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Spd4nIleHw

Heres how I want it to look

None of those suggestions would lead to less grain. They're all inconsequential.

That said, there's no noticeable amount of grain / noise in that footage. It could use some more contrast (not using the ND filter can sometimes help here) and maybe a slightly higher shutter speed but that's about it, VX footage only gets so sharp being that it's inherently 480i.

just bring up your sharpness to 2, color to about 2 or 1 , and shutter speed during the day 250 to 500 also nd filter off

None of those suggestions would lead to less grain. They're all inconsequential.

That said, there's no noticeable amount of grain / noise in that footage. It could use some more contrast (not using the ND filter can sometimes help here) and maybe a slightly higher shutter speed but that's about it, VX footage only gets so sharp being that it's inherently 480i.

My suggestions were in response to the "doesn't look sharp/clear" comment.