SkatePerception

So when I am recording with my VX2000 it makes this ticking sound randomly throughout the clips and I have no clue what it is? Someone said it could be the heads but I dont know what to think of it

Listen to this.

• Like 4

I am playing back on a second camera. I have not yet tried plugging in headphones while recoding. If I hear it while I have headphones in then what should I do?

Also one other thing I noticed. I can record in like a quite room for an amount of time and it wont make the noise. Also It wont make it if im recording people talking or something. It only makes the noise when im recording skateboarding.

First trying to make sure the VX2000 is the culprit. Play the footage back on the VX and check the audio. If it's still there try recording with the headphones on and see if you hear it.

I didn't read your other post. Sounds like it has to be the VX and not the cap cam. My first best guess is the aidio circuit on the main board is failing. I've never seen a cam that singles out a particular activity to fail during though. There'll be no resolving that at home. It'll have to see a shop. Glad to have a look if you don't have a shop you regularly work with.