SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
ColonalPanic

Lumix Fz200 Over T_i?

So, its not really a DSLR, but has anyone actually filmed with one of these?

It has 1080p 60fps and 720p 120fps which is very very very tempting for me. (and VGA @ 240 fps but I'm trying to stick to HD)

I'm considering this over a T_i series camera, but I'm not sure if its worth the limitations. I've gotten mixed responses over whether this has manual video controls (exposure, wb, aperture, shutter speed, etc.) and was wondering if anyone knows for sure. Also, what about fisheye availability? If I could get some responses from people who have or have used one of these, or just general opinions from people more experienced than myself, that would be awesome. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

In my opinion, it's a difficult decision betweem the Lumix and a t_i camera until you know which Canon DSLR model your looking at. Some of them are different. Any ideas of which Canon you'd be buying?

T2i and onwards all have manual video control, the the T3 films but its all auto exposure which tends to choose slower shutter speeds. There are many fisheye choices available but for around $250 you can get a rokinon 8mm which is what almost everyone uses.

Also by the looks of it the lumix doesnt have an interchangeable lens mount which gived the canon cameras a huge advantage.