SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
com21

Tips For Filming With Gh3

i looked at manual, played with the camera today for a while, there seems to be some modes that you can't change shutter speed at. i can do it in I-A mode if i set esposure to manual. but in custom modes and in the one with camera picture on it, i can't seem to do or find the button, Basicly what is the most/best mode to film skating like runs and such. I know shutter should be 1/50 and /or/to 1/100
and i had it on 1080-60p.mov, I also turned down the contrast as stated before by a bit, I am gonna keep playing around with it and i understand most of it is subjective but in your opinions what would the the prefered mode for gh3. Im using a 7.5 Rikinon wide angle lense,

I know i keep asking these dumb questions but seriously this will be the last one. I just don't want it choppy for ghosting , i want it perfect.

thanks, appreciate it.

• Like 2

Yeah you probably should have it on 1080-60 for best results skating wise, also when shooting 60 i'd aim for 100/125 shutterspeed (i shoot 100 alot becaue it matches the lights at my local), also on my GH1 I put it in "movie" mode with the top dial, that might help you out.

yea im still trying to figure all this shit out,I know for a fact so far, I got the action grip handle on it and i had a handle for my vx and used the camera handlle and so far the gh3 is so much easier to control and smother to move, but we all know that i guess, . i expect it will take some weeks before i know the camera back to front, i guess it will just take practice as always

yea, just watched all those, thanks, i completly forgot about the ride channle having that. it help alot, Although i keep hearing film twice the shutter speed as the frame rate, but these guys talk about filming alot higher speed, i guess ill just figure out what i like, i am finaly going to test it skating today

It is alot better to film at a shutter of like 1/500 if you are planning to slow your clips down later. Glad the videos helped!

• Like 1

just filmed today, at the local skatepark park, Really nice, great quality, It just worked itself out, the focus work perfect no problems I filmed some runs and was in 8, then 11, then 16 and all worked good, shutter (i used 125), the white balance worked great, iso worked great, no problems it was still alittle bring were the sun was coming from but i didn't feel like messing with contrast and vibrance more than i already did little beforehand. smooth video. all in all, even though i only used this camera 1 full day since having it, it pretty fucking sweet, def way of a huge step up from a vx, can't wait till i get better at using it because then it will be even sweeter.

• Like 1

Nice man one thing though is that if it happens to be bright out like you said it wouldnt hurt to bump up your shutter abit to let less light in the camera