SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Jay-Cub

My Introductory Post

Hey guys! My name is Jacob and i'm photographer from Orange County, Ca. I just recently found out about skate perception and am super hyped to start contributing here. I've been shooting about 3 years now, and within the past few months i've started doing flash work. Anyway, I just wanted to post some recent shots and get some feedback from y'all. Thanks for your time guys much appreciated!

8372819048_52a2d165cd_z.jpg
8695449838_0b468dff7d_z.jpg

8753533105_9036247b7d_z.jpg
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

Dudes got style in the first, i like the sunset effect aswell but maybe a little over-edited. The composition isn't doing much for me, i understand you wanted to get the sunset in, but that big hip and the rest of the park is just dead space, maybe shooting it long would have worked out better?

The second is obviously a rad spot (is that the one daewon skated?) just the way you've edited it is very strange, it looks under-exposed & soft. The timing is late, for kickflips try get it when the back-foot is catching.

Third i like the lighting, but the composition is non-existent. He's central in the frame and again the timing is way off, if the dude can't catch the board whilst going over the fire-hydrant maybe get him to do a different trick that he can catch properly?

Keep shooting/posting man.

• Like 1

R-Ch

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely keep in mind the timing with kickflips and whatnot. Also the editing for the second, I used vsco, a film emulation thing and I was going for that washed out look. Anywho thanks again!

• Like 1

*only 2 images per post, you can have more if linked, not embedded

last one is rad, but timing is weird.

all of them have such a weird color grade. i like the cross processing you're doing it seems but why are you adding the white haze?