SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
harrykidman

Kinky Bs Lip ;)

this is really sick. good job of lighting, showing the kink, and not making this a total ass shot. I dislike how the base of the handrail is cut off by the frame, so maybe move back a tiny bit, otherwise this is totally radical

this really hurts my head. i know if i was the one who did this backlip i'd be bummed it looks like this. the eye strain really takes away from the actual trick. either a straight horizontal or vertical would have been sick. square would be the absolute best.

• Like 1

few things could be fixed:

motion blur on left hand (little thing)

hot spots on the tail of his board, the railing, and the ledge behind the railing. I would try focusing a flash on him only and then lighting the stairs and ledge with another one or two flashes. that way you can set them up to reflect away from the lens a little more and probably even light the kid up a little better.

try to eliminate those lens flares while shooting if you can

put that orange light behind the last pole in the railing or color black over it

you could reshoot this and get it looking way better, but I dont think its a bad shot as-is. I think it has potential to be a really nice one if you fix some of the technical stuff

to do the horizontal tilt, most of the time, you should be more towards the center of the object. so get in the middle of the stairs. It really helps. also, please lose the desaturated look :(

The colors are really annoying me. I'm not sure if you desaturated it or if your friend just so happened to be matching with the nuclear wasteland grey of the scene. I agree with the eye strain. This is really hard to look at for a while. Also, I feel like the angle you're at is making the kink look really mellow.

• Like 1