SkatePerception

So i was wondering which to get, Canon 60d or Nikon d7100 because my Panasonic GS250 just broke and i want to start dslr filming/photography. The 60d maybe because of the flip out lcd and its cheaper or the d7100 because of the photography benefits. HELP PLEASE!!! :) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK6zeDr0pP-ovQva9wiAovQ

If you have any intents of doing video work, 60D no question. Unless you're planning on using the Nikon for use with vintage Nikon lenses, but that's not the vibe I'm getting from your post. So yea, 60D.

Even then, Nikon lenses can be used on the 60D with a cheap adapter.

OP, you can use Magic Lantern with the 60D. 60D > D7100 no question.

thanks but does anyone know if the 60d any good for skate photos?

I use the 60d it does the job well! the screen is actually pretty useful occasionally. I'd say 60D > 7100

• Like 1

thanks but does anyone know if the 60d any good for skate photos?

Probably better than the 7100, I know the 7100 has a higher burst rate but it has a much smaller buffer than the 60D and you can only get like about a second of burst or something like that out of it.

Pretty sure Nikon has stepped their game up in the video department. Canon still uses 4 year old technology in their DSLR's and the line skipping and artifacting in 720 60p mode is terrible, they could easily improve their new products but they almost seem to be deliberately holding back their products. I may be wrong but I think I remember someone on dvxuser saying how the d7100 put out much cleaner video than their Canon DSLR. the 60d's flip screen and magic lantern would be good but those are the only two advantages I can think of. Canon needs to up their game.

Just learn how cameras work in general, what makes them better than one another in general, and what camera features are good for different things in general versus asking for opinions between two specific models and you'll be able to make a much better choice suited to your shooting needs. Maybe there's another camera in that price range that would be so much better for you and you just don't know it.

• Like 3