SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
romainmassola

Light From Inside And Outside Home

It seems like you are trying to show both the inside and outside of the same place?

Care to give us an explanation of what it is youre saying with these?

Ill give thoughts for what I took the statement as.

I guessed what i did because of the 2nd set of photos (2nd line down). That one could easily be the same place, as well as speaks to the statement of "inside and out." Theres a nice connection of apparent plant life. others work for the idea of the same place also but they dont speak to the "inside and outside" theme very well. more "this side and the other side." unless you were going for "inside, outside" in terms of property, fortress like, in some photos but i would like to see more of a point towards that subject.

Ill address the 4th line because i like those photos but the "light inside and outside" theme isnt as apparent (if im way off igore this part, or all of it if you want ha.) The candles is a great idea for address the "light" aspect youre going for but i know there is no light coming from them because they have never been lit. Id suggest lighting them, have them look a little more used. maybe put them in front of a window with a drape and from the outside window, through the drape you could see the lights. it wouldnt be as apparent as "these are the same candles see" or you could even put a lamp light to make the light more noticable through the drape, but it would lead us to "oh this light transfers outside as well.

Wow Chase ! You just gave me a lot to think of ! Thank you.

At first I was inspired by Tunebomb reflected ligh shots, but because I don't have tall glass building in my neighborhood like you do north american people I went for a game of light and shadows in my environment.

Top to bottom and left to right you can see the pictures in the order I took them. When I shot the third one (window with curtains and tomatoes) I wasn't working on a serie yet but then I thought I could use those games of light and shadows to describe my home and neighbourhood. I want people to know what my neighbourhood and home look like with just a small amout of pictures (I would say not more than 20, 10 for inside and 10 for outside).

My questionning right now is to decide if Iwant to go on a more direct type of photos loke 2nd or 9th ones or more abstract like the walls pictures.

And if I didn't give a lot of info at first it was because I thought of showing them with barely no info and I was kinda testing that.

I will read every comment carefully, think of what it means and says about my work and I willcontinue shooting for this serie all along winter to get a different kind of light and then I'll try to edit that to 20 photos. I'll try to post new sets of image every now and then to get people's reactions and to show how it's evolving.

Thanks for your input Chase, I'll read it again carefully at home.

Awesome. im not sure if you positioned them this way intentionally but i think each piece should be a diptych and with that phrase "Light from inside and outside home" presented and leave it to the viewer to piece together the connection between the images while still giving a direction. not spoon feeding but just give a nudge. (might omit "home" so you have more directions to go, or include based on which direction)

That could mean literal light, or even the mood; happy vs sad, struggle vs leisure. Like the inside of your apartment be comfy vs the homeless man on the street of your residence (or anyones but it doesnt necessarily have to be the literal same place.) Inside your home is the "light", good, happiness, while outside the "light" is much darker; homeless sleeping on boxes (not exploiting but bringing attention to the inside vs outside), inside your quaint home while the storm rages outside, etc.

Awesome. im not sure if you positioned them this way intentionally but i think each piece should be a diptych and with that phrase "Light from inside and outside home" presented and leave it to the viewer to piece together the connection between the images while still giving a direction. not spoon feeding but just give a nudge. (might omit "home" so you have more directions to go, or include based on which direction)

That could mean literal light, or even the mood; happy vs sad, struggle vs leisure. Like the inside of your apartment be comfy vs the homeless man on the street of your residence (or anyones but it doesnt necessarily have to be the literal same place.) Inside your home is the "light", good, happiness, while outside the "light" is much darker; homeless sleeping on boxes (not exploiting but bringing attention to the inside vs outside), inside your quaint home while the storm rages outside, etc.

Stop thinking like you have to explain everything you do to your teachers.

Stop thinking like you have to explain everything you do to your teachers.

This is exactly how id critique a fellow artist at a formal critique. i dont think i have to explain, i want to, to be clear.

Sign in to follow this