SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
JaakkoSkates

Government Shutdown

What do you guys think about the whole situation?

There's not much to think about political grandstanding, especially when the discussion is dominated by citizens who root for "their" party as if it's a football team, and then rehash strawman talking points while not actually knowing any relevant information about what they're supposedly talking about. At this point in time, America should probably have national health care coverage, but it is possible to provide health care to poor people without creating a massive government-run program that will further bankrupt a nation with serious financial problems that are only getting worse. It is also outrageous to saddle the costs of this program, which will most likely spend its way into bankruptcy, onto the backs of small-business owners who are often struggling to get by as it is. The middle class is simply being decimated, and can't win either way when the two-party system yields a struggle between building an economy from the bottom-up or the top-down, but never from the middle.

Furthermore, this current situation is far from the huge deal it's seemingly made out to be, but thanks to the overwhelming apathy and stupidity amongst the modern electorate, we now live in an era where campaign season never ends, and millions of people are too dense to see through petty soundbite rhetoric time and again. So if there's anything I'm supposed to think here, I guess it's that we're now in the midst of another microcosm demonstrating how fuked this and future generations are, so as long as the FED and the government at large keeps pumping out paper into the economy while setting the stage for another catastrophic economic collapse, I'm just gonna keep making/saving all the money I can in the artificially-propped up stock market, and hope by the time our chickens come home to roost, I'll have enough money to save me from becoming a statistic.

• Like 1

I'm pretty concerned because of the few government officials they kept on staff, most of the Department of Education was cut. Being a college student, if this doesn't get resolved soon I might not be able to access most of my federal grant money that I use to pay for school. What's worse is I'm at school for education, and if the shut down doesn't get resolved sooner rather than later, most public schools, specifically ones in major cities with low income areas like Chicago who are already losing billions of dollars in funding, will suffer more than anything. That means once I graduate next year and try to find a job, there won't be any money to hire new teachers, let alone keep paying for the ones that are already employed. So this whole thing is really fucking up my future in education from a student as well as a teacher's standpoint.

Today I had to make a graph for my AP Environmental Science course and I don't have MS Office on my computer so I had to resort to an online graph generator. Unfortunately some of the values that I had to graph were negative so not all graph generators would work, it just so happens that the only one I could find was on a federally run, "edu.gov" site and was inoperable due to the shut down. I never thought that it would affect me but I guess it did.

Today I had to make a graph for my AP Environmental Science course and I don't have MS Office on my computer so I had to resort to an online graph generator. Unfortunately some of the values that I had to graph were negative so not all graph generators would work, it just so happens that the only one I could find was on a federally run, "edu.gov" site and was inoperable due to the shut down. I never thought that it would affect me but I guess it did.

google drive has excel which makes graphs you dumbfuck

• Like 5

google drive has excel which makes graphs you dumbfuck

Google has brought to my attention that it is the 123rd anniversary of Yosemite National Park. However, all national parks are closed due to the shutdown. How's that for irony?

• Like 1

so is state government gonna shut down because theres this kid that i really fucking hate and i would love to just fucking stab him

• Like 1

You gonna fly here just for that?

lol dumbass how am I gonna fly if the government is shut down
  • Like 1

go skate all the government spots you've always wanted to. cops aren't shut down though

It's rediculous how the politicians and Obama still get paid.. However, if they were not to it would be violating the 27th amendment. Still wack though.

It's rediculous how the politicians and Obama still get paid.. However, if they were not to it would be violating the 27th amendment. Still wack though.

Would it be "wack" if you were not allowed to collect unemployment after getting laid off?

Would it be "wack" if you were not allowed to collect unemployment after getting laid off?

find another job bum
  • Like 1

However, obama care violates many amendments. fuck it tho

obama gets paid like a dolla a day

obama gets paid like a dolla a day

bloomburg (fuckin jew). or is that a year. the guys so fucking cheap he won't let the city pay him...