SkatePerception
faulker97

Skateperception Full Length

So I didn't know where to put this but whatever...

I was thinking that like us filmers on skateperception put together something like the cinematographer project. You know? So like each filmer would have a segment for themselves. I think it would turn out pretty badass.

• Like 9

This has been proposed a million times but never actually goes through. Pull it off and I'm totally down.

I still say it should be multiple SP montage-esque edits in one full length -- footage sent in by members, multiple members chosen to edit. However, instead of a focus on a particular filmer in each part (kind of pointless for Skate Perception since there are so many), maybe focus on certain areas -- ie. a part for the west coast, east cost, south, midwest, northern area, europe, and misc countries.

• Like 16

This could be pretty sick!

im so down

:)

Duddddeeeeee, this would be sooo sick!!! Im downn

Glad everyone is hyped on this

This has been proposed a million times but never actually goes through. Pull it off and I'm totally down.

I still say it should be multiple SP montage-esque edits in one full length -- footage sent in by members, multiple members chosen to edit. However, instead of a focus on a particular filmer in each part (kind of pointless for Skate Perception since there are so many), maybe focus on certain areas -- ie. a part for the west coast, east cost, south, midwest, northern area, europe, and misc countries.

maybe we get devoted people who will actually pull through like mods/diehards/some others and me of course. Also, I'm gonna make this happen.

• Like 1

also if we did it the way you mentioned (not that its bad) it would take away from the filmers and be more so about the skate scenes

also if we did it the way you mentioned (not that its bad) it would take away from the filmers and be more so about the skate scenes

It wouldn't be any more focused on the skate scenes than it would the filmers and editors.

It wouldn't be any more focused on the skate scenes than it would the filmers and editors.

I guess I see what your saying but I still like the other way better haha.... if anyone is actually down to do this shoot me a text 760-637-7837

I guess I see what your saying but I still like the other way better haha.... if anyone is actually down to do this shoot me a text 760-637-7837

Just sent you a text about it

I would be so down for this, I think the idea for a part for different areas would go well

The only reason I'm against regional parts is because it would have to be edited by someone in particular and then it wouldn't reflect all the editing styles

• Like 2

The only way I could see this working is if it became a contest-like sort of thing. So basically everyone would put together their own edits (similar to United Nations or the Cinematographer Project) and send them to one guy who then selects the best ones to be "parts" in the full length video. As far as a randoms part goes the head editor would just ask for specific clips of the people who didn't have their full edited part in the video.That is the only way I could see it working but also there would be an hd vs sd thing going on too I'd assume.

edit: just sayin, got like 9 likes on this, wsupp

• Like 12

The only reason I'm against regional parts is because it would have to be edited by someone in particular and then it wouldn't reflect all the editing styles

Alright well count me in for this anyways

The only way I could see this working is if it became a contest-like sort of thing. So basically everyone would put together their own edits (similar to United Nations or the Cinematographer Project) and send them to one guy who then selects the best ones to be "parts" in the full length video. As far as a randoms part goes the head editor would just ask for specific clips of the people who didn't have their full edited part in the video.That is the only way I could see it working but also there would be an hd vs sd thing going on too I'd assume.

Wise words

dude you fucking nailed it thats literally what I was thinking but couldn't phrase it correctly

Kyran, you should make it a thread in the assignments section or something and someone should purpose some rules so this doesn't die out like most things of this nature do.

Kyran, you should make it a thread in the assignments section or something and someone should purpose some rules so this doesn't die out like most things of this nature do.

I've already spoke to Joey Skates over text and I pm'd kyranford. I'm going to get this started even if I have to do it alone.

I hate to be the one to burst bubbles here, but I think the whole idea needs to be polished way more before anything is formulated.

Occasionally, there will be a thread pop up where someone says "an SP full length would be so cool!" Everybody gets hyped on it, but nothing ever happens. I actually had this exact idea a long time ago, so much as entitling it "The Skate Perception Project" -- which, in hindsight, I don't think it should not be named that at all.

I think it's a great idea but, quite frankly, don't have a lot of faith in it unless it were to be regulated properly. And, to be anything officially associated with Skate Perception, I think it should be regulated properly and - like I mentioned - polished way more.

Occasionally, there will be a thread pop up where someone says "an SP full length would be so cool!" Everybody gets hyped on it, but nothing ever happens.

he's right. i think the annual SP montages should come back. one HD and one SD. HD and SD filmers submit a montage they made and whoever gets the most votes is the editor for the selected format... my idea anyways haha