SkatePerception
WestonKruse

Reflected Light - Abd

Picked up a Hasselblad 500c/m and am enjoying it. I have started some series's and one of them is Reflective Light.

Let me know what you think!

Here it is -

10128664644_5b08477e51_z.jpg

10200590876_2c4133fe74_z.jpg
10200659983_bb72d7aa6d_z.jpg
10200589576_ccb2c8af05_z.jpg

10201107363_02b9896ccd_z.jpg

• Like 3

I can't help but feel cold towards these.

By started a series do you mean: shooting photos of the same subject in quick succession and then presenting then in a haphazard manner?

I can't help but feel cold towards these.

By started a series do you mean: shooting photos of the same subject in quick succession and then presenting then in a haphazard manner?

Never meant to organize them, if that is what you mean by "presenting". No matter which way I would have, somebody on here would have hit it with something negative.

• Like 2

Yet, you post it in series and works.

You missed my point entirely — none of these photos are particularly well composed: to the external viewer of this 'series'—it appears as though you have shot one roll on your way from work, then proceeded to post them here in chronological order.

Yet, you post it in series and works.

You missed my point entirely — none of these photos are particularly well composed: to the external viewer of this 'series'—it appears as though you have shot one roll on your way from work, then proceeded to post them here in chronological order.

And this thread being made by the OP is a perfect example of why I need to get around to devoting half an hour to thinking and writing up posting guidelines for this section. Dunno why it's been so hard. Ugh.

this was my first reflected light set - it was just images that all had light play from a reflection

http://anopeneye.com/reflected-light

then i made these two which each had a loose theme that tied the images together

http://anopeneye.com/sunlightintheshade

http://anopeneye.com/city

beyond that i never felt like making a series about the light made a lot of sense with the images i had shot.

certainly one should use that lighting and the various curious things it does to do a proper work but it isn't exactly obvious.

• Like 1

I think it's pretty funny how some of the photographers on here who are so outwardly fucking abstract and complex care so much about the rules. What is photography about? There are only like 20 people who post in the photog section anyway who really gives a fuck. Like go get a job or get on 4chan if you're tryna blow time

I do think this series could've been a little more strategic. I think it would help to see things from different angles instead of the same sort of thing 4 times. Maybe pick 2 of these shots and then add a different aspect of your experience with reflected light like something that presents this experience in a more diverse context instead of just the buildings w/ light