SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Jerskates

Lighting Up Spots Without A Generator

Video I made showing the power of the 528w lights. So far my friend Dean and myself have been able to effectively light up every spot with just two of these lights.(including a cn-160 on-board just to get ride of the filmers shadows) I think these lights are the best way around buying a generator set-up. They are light weight and never get hot. They run off vx batteries so for all the vx filmers, you don't even have to buy batteries! I have been lucky enough to not have one of these hit the ground from a flying board, but I'm sure it would mess it up pretty bad, so maybe sandbags would be a smart buy. Looking at the prices Having the 528w set-up is half the price of just the generator!! So let me know what you think!

Links for items used:

528w light

Light stands

Sony 770 batteries

cn-160

• Like 20

Nice contribution, man. If the point system didn't go to shit with the forum switch, I'd hook you up. But I gave it a like!

P.S. You might want to include the links to the sale items in the post.

• Like 1

Nice contribution, man. If the point system didn't go to shit with the forum switch, I'd hook you up. But I gave it a like!

P.S. You might want to include the links to the sale items in the post.

Just added those links! thanks for the love homies!

I love lighting up spots but too cheap to get a generator. Always just scoured the area for outlets. Gotten a couple warnings from cops about stealing electricity but no tickets yet *knocks on wood* so I might have to try these out! I've been wondering for a while if something like this would work for skating, I'm hyped they actually exist and seem to work well!

Actually pretty helpful. I start driving in a about 2 weeks so I'm glad I know that I don't have to pay for a generator and lug it around in my trunk

• Like 1

damn i might start reconsidering a generator now! in the cons of the LED method, you said the session might last only 1-2 hours because you'll run out of battery, but couldn't you buy more batteries and keep the session going?

• Like 1

damn i might start reconsidering a generator now! in the cons of the LED method, you said the session might last only 1-2 hours because you'll run out of battery, but couldn't you buy more batteries and keep the session going?

supposing you have an outlet available, you could have 2 sets of batteries, then have a separate charger so you can charge one set of batteries while you're using the other

• Like 1

Yeah exactly, I was talking about on one set alone of the 770s you get about 1-2 hours. You can have as many sets charged and really to go and go forever.

Good find. Just a heads up, those LED panels are typically daylight balanced but you've got your Kelvin set to Tungsten (3200). Throw the orange filter over your LED and it'll be balanced properly. OR, just set your Kelvin accordingly in camera.

so you got 2 of those lights on stands and a cn160 on your cam?

that's correct. If you on a tight budget you can get away with just one 528w and a cn-160.