SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
LZC

Vhs Camera Question

Hi SP,

I got a VHS camera this summer from my mom's old office. My mom said she remembers it shooting in color, but when I look and film through the viewfinder it's only black and white. So my question is, do you know if the viewfinder is in B&W if the footy will be in B&W or will it come out in color? I've never had a VHS, so if anyone has any experience, let me know.

Thanks

• Like 1

the viewfinder is in B&W and the footage will be in color. same thing on my old sony hi-8.

• Like 1

It'll most likely be in color. Test it out on a TV using the RCA video out on the camera while in recording mode (with the TV volume on mute so you don't get feedback from the camera mic) if the camera supports it.

Awesome, really hyped to get color vhs footy! I will maybe try and and take a look like Charley said, but I might just wait to fill the tape and look at it when it's transferred.

Thanks guys!

I keep some really old really used tapes in my bag and after they get rewritten a whole bunch you get all those effects that people try to replicate in post

• Like 1